Gov’t proposes adding birthplace field to Vietnam’s new passports
National Assembly approves adding birthplace info to new passports
HCMC – The National Assembly, the legislature of Vietnam, today, November 15, adopted a resolution that allows the addition of the place of birth (POB) field to new Vietnamese passports.
In early July this year, the immigration department of the Ministry of Public Security began issuing brand-new passports.
Shortly after that, Germany, Finland and the Czech Republic, suspended issuing visas for those holding these new passports. Later, Germany and Finland decided to temporarily recognize new Vietnamese passports provided that POB information is added to the Observations page.
The Ministry of Public Security (MPS) on November 7 presented to the National Assembly session a proposal for adding the POB field to the personal identification page of newly designed passports.
- Da Nang aims to become attractive logistics centre by 2030
- NetEase Games Unveils PinCool, Inc., a New Multifunctional Studio Aiming to Produce Global Entertainment Content
- Veken And ESY SUNHOME Reached A Strategic Cooperation on Sodium Batteries to Jointly Promote the New Development of Energy Storage
- TYAN Server Platforms to Boost Data Center Computing Performance with 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors at Computex 2023
- SparkLabs Cultiv8 launches CleanTech Accelerator