Vietnamese Embassy in Germany temporarily issues additional certificate for holders of new-style passports
Vietnam’s new passport (Photo: thethaovanhoa.vn)
NDO/VNA – The Embassy of Vietnam in Germany on July 29 announced that it is ready to issue a confirmation in German about the place of birth for Vietnamese citizens using new-style passports, in case they need it to present to German authorities.
Vietnam's new passports, which have been issued since July 1, have been temporarily not recognised by Germany as they lack the information of one's place of birth. Vietnamese and German authorities are actively working to tackle the problem.
The confirmation issued by the embassy aims to facilitate Vietnamese citizens in Germany to obtain residence permits and conduct other administrative procedures.
According to Minister Counselor Chu Tuan Duc from the embassy, the issuance of new passports will continue to be carried out with the attachment of an associated certificate of birthplace.
Earlier, the German Embassy in Vietnam on July 27 informed that Vietnam’s new passports, whose issuance began on July 1, are temporarily not recognised in Germany due to technical factors. Therefore, their holders will not be issued visas to enter Germany. The German Embassy also recommends that those who have already been granted visas should not enter Germany at this time, because they may be refused entry at the border.
- Vietnam considers building a high-speed railway
- Replace again to highschool calendar for the college yr 2022-2023 of 63 provinces and cities throughout the nation: Greater than 20 localities have introduced it
- Mausoleum of President Ho Chi Minh reopens from August 16
- FOTON Receives Order for 210 units of iBlue EV Vans in Singapore
- Indonesian Careers App KUPU Closes $5 Million Strategic Investment from Smartfren to Expand Operations