Ho Chi Minh City receives anti-pandemic medical equipment worth VND13 billion
Representatives from the Vietnam Fatherland Front, Ho Chi Minh City Chapter and Vietnam Anh Quoc Truong Dai Hung International Pharmaceutical JSC hand over boxes of herbal medicine to District 1 Hospital. (Photo: VNA)
NDO – The Vietnam Fatherland Front, Ho Chi Minh City Chapter held a ceremony on September 11 to receive medical supplies and medicines worth VND13 billion (US$570,500) in donations from enterprises and organisations to help the city in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Vietnam Anh Quoc Truong Dai Hung International Pharmaceutical JSC donated 50,000 boxes of herbal medicine worth VND12.5 billion to serve COVID-19 treatment and the Cao Dai Tin Trading company donated 50 oxygen generators and accessories worth VND445 million.
Between July 1 and September 10, Ho Chi Minh City's Committee for the reception and distribution of the COVID-19 Prevention and Control Fund received donations worth over VND1.8 trillion (US$79 million) from 168 organisations, individuals, international friends, overseas Vietnamese, religious organisations, agencies, and businesses.
*Viet Duc Hospital said that Phuong Trang Group has just donated 550 oxygen generators and 300 SpO2 oxygen meters to the COVID-19 Intensive Care Centre under the Viet Duc Hospital in Ho Chi Minh City to help with the treatment of a large number of COVID-19 patients.
The hospital has also presented 645 oxygen generators to medical facilities across Ho Chi Minh City. “Hopefully with these joint efforts, the prevention and control of COVID-19 pandemic will be successful in the near future,” said hospital director Tran Binh Giang.
* Deputy Director of the Department of Foreign Affairs of Kien Giang province Nguyen Viet Thong on September 10 handed over VND100 million to a representative of the Consulate General of Vietnam in Cambodia’s Preah Sihanouk province to support Vietnamese people in Cambodia facing difficulties due to the pandemic.
The Consulate General has so far provided relief aid for more than 8,000 Vietnamese households and workers in provinces covered by the Consulate General including Preah Sihanouk, Kampot, Kep, Koh Kong, Kampong Speu and Takeo.
- Invite each other to check-in the most beautiful and famous camping sites in Vung Tau
- What’s Landscape of Vietnam Medical Education Market?
- The list of beautiful view cafes in Quy Nhon makes people ‘shake’ and check-in is not boring
- Vietnam congratulates Prime Minister of Albania
- ‘Hug’ the whole city in your lap at Da Nang Turtle Island
Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
Petrol prices rise from September 25
Lang Son hosts conference to connect consumption of black jelly products
MPI to submit post-pandemic economic recovery scheme in October
Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend