Gifts presented to needy people amidst COVID-19
The Hanoi Capital High Command on August 30 presented 1,500 gifts to needy people in Dong Da district and Son Tay town. (Photo: quocphongthudo.vn)
NDO – The Hanoi Capital High Command on August 30 presented 1,500 gifts to needy households, workers and disadvantaged people in Dong Da district and Son Tay town to help them overcome difficulties caused by COVID-19 pandemic.
Previously from August 11-29, units under the Hanoi Capital Command coordinated with local authorities to help people in suburban districts harvest and consume more than 200 tonnes of agricultural products of all kinds, organised 32 "Zero VND” stalls, and delivered gifts worth over VND7 billion to needy people.
They have also worked closely with functional departments, agencies and forces in the city on implementing drastic measures to prevent and combat the pandemic and assist the operation of field hospitals in the capital city.
* On the same day, the Ministry of Planning and Investment presented N95 medical masks to healthcare workers in Ho Chi Minh City and Binh Duong province.
Accordingly, 12,800 face masks worth US$16,452 were handed over to Ho Chi Minh City Health Department to be distributed to 13 hospitals in the city.
In addition, another 40,000 N95 face masks worth US$32,000 were delivered to 58 hospitals in Ho Chi Minh City and two hospitals in Binh Duong province.
Medical masks are presented to healthcare workers in Ho Chi Minh City. (Photo: Ministry of Planning and Investment)
The presentation of the face masks was held within the scope of a Ministry-sponsored programme on providing 80,000 facemasks to Ho Chi Minh City.
* Also this morning in Can Tho City, Military Zone 9 High Command launched the transportation of agricultural products and food to people in pandemic-hit Ho Chi Minh City.
The goods included 50 tonnes of tubers and fruits and 50,000 eggs purchased from people in provinces and cities in the Mekong Delta, worth over VND550 million in total.
To date, Military Zone 9 High Command Region 9 has donated nearly 200 tonnes of rice; 75 tonnes of meat and fish; 1 tonne of dried fish; 217 tonnes of vegetables, tubers, and fruits; and necessities of all kinds worth over VND45 billion to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Minister suggests support for firms to invest in Cuba
- Politburo gives opinions on socio-economic performance
- China's Xi urges Afghanistan to stamp out terrorism, vows more aid
- Tour for frontline forces against the epidemic to be piloted
- The Global Supply of Coffee Constrained by Lockdowns in Vietnam, Fitch Says
Big Wins Amidst The Pandemic: These Vietnamese Startups Recently Secured Million-Dollar Fundings
Vietnam is considering to reduce VAT by 30 percent to boost economic recovery
Vietnam, China work to facilitate bilateral trade
Online event connects technology demand-supply between Vietnamese, Dutch firms
Prolonged Covid-19 shutdowns in Vietnam are becoming a bigger headache for retailers