President orders procuracy sector to strictly tackle legislative violations
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc speaks at the conference. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – President Nguyen Xuan Phuc attended a conference held by Supreme People's Procuracy in Hanoi on December 31 to review the body’s performance in 2021 and set out new tasks for 2022.
In his speech, the State leader lauded the sector’s achievements in the past time and pointed to its shortcomings in implementing assigned tasks and functions.
He suggested the body raise its responsibility and improve the quality of exercising the right to prosecute and supervise judicial activities.
It is also necessary to properly, fully, and effectively perform tasks and responsibilities in accordance with the Constitution and law; and to further improve the effectiveness of its fight against crime and law violations, especially corruption and economic crimes, the President added.
He affirmed that sector needs to ensure that justice is enforced to contribute to building an disciplined and civilised society; to uphold the rule of law to prevent abuse of power; to minimise the occurrence of violations; and to closely coordinate with procedure-conducting agencies regarding institution building and perfection.
- Trump family threatens legal action against TrumpCoin
- Domestic support for agri-exports
- Billionaire Ray Dalio: Cryptocurrencies are coming into focus around the world
- Quick Overview: Heroes of Mavia – The 1st AAA Blockchain Base Builder Game
- Vietnamese artist making hundreds of ornately carved sculptures of tigers to mark the upcoming Lunar New Year