State funeral held for General Phung Quang Thanh
General Phung Quang Thanh
NDO/VNA – A state-level funeral will be held at the National Funeral Hall, No.5 Tran Thanh Tong street, Hanoi on September 15 for General Phung Quang Thanh, former Politburo member, former Vice Secretary of the Central Military Commission and former Minister of National Defence.
General Phung Quang Thanh passed away after a period of illness at 3:45 am on September 11 at his private home in Hanoi.
He was born on February 2, 1949 in Thach Da commune, Me Linh district, Hanoi (formerly in Vinh Phuc province).
He was a member of the 9th, 10th and 11th Party Central Committee, member of the Politburo of the 10th and 11th Party Central Committee, and deputy of the National Assembly in the 11th, 12th, and 13th tenures. He was awarded the rank of General in July 2007.
His military career was a shining example of heroic fighting spirit, resilience, will and effort to rise up. General Phung Quang Thanh was honoured with the title 'Hero of the People's Armed Forces' and many other noble titles.
- How green financing in Vietnam will be promoted for sustainable growth?
- Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
- Macron says France will double the COVID shots it sends to poor nations - AFP
- Invite each other to check-in the most beautiful and famous camping sites in Vung Tau
- What’s Landscape of Vietnam Medical Education Market?
Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
Petrol prices rise from September 25
Lang Son hosts conference to connect consumption of black jelly products
MPI to submit post-pandemic economic recovery scheme in October
Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend