COVID-19: 5,025 cases added to national tally
A vaccination site in Da Nang
NDO/VNA - The Health Ministry recorded 5,025 new cases of COVID-19 during 12 hours from 6am to 6pm August 12, raising the national tally to 246,568.
Of the new cases, Binh Duong province reported the highest number at 2,117, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 1523, Dong Nai 646, Dong Thap 123 and Can Tho 104. The capital city of Hanoi logged 76 cases.
The same day, 3,991 COVID-19 patients were given the all-clear, increasing the number of recoveries to 89,145.
Among patients under treatment, 499 are being cared for in ICU and 21 are being treated with ECMO.
Meanwhile, 326 more COVID-19-related deaths were logged during August 1-12, raising the fatalities to 4,813.
A total of 12,098,821 doses of COVID-19 vaccine have been administered so far, with 11,006,121 people receiving the first shot and 1,092,700 receiving two shots.
- French employment support centres open in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City
- Singapore, Malaysia hold drill in Malacca Strait
- World News in Brief: September 27
- Vietnam Changes Strategy From ‘Zero COVID’ Policy To ‘Safe, Flexible, Effective Control’
- Hanoi Botanical Garden – the place that encapsulates the green color of the capital
How does HCMC help businesses recover after long lockdown??
NA, Government officials consult with experts on socio-economic affairs
FDI inflows into Vietnam reaches US$22.15 billion the first nine months despite Covid-19’s impacts
Special working groups to be set up to assist businesses, people
Conference seeks solutions to boost tra fish chain after social distancing