Early election held in Ba Ria – Vung Tau province
Among those who cast their ballots were navy men, coast guards, fisheries surveillance staff and people stationed at oil drilling rigs off the provincial coast.
According to the Ba Ria – Vung Tau Election Committee, more than 3,100 eligible voters who are on off-shore missions and cannot return home for planned election day (May 23) went to the polls early in the province.
COVID-19 prevention and control measures were strictly implemented at all polling stations.
Voter turnout reached 100%, reported the Ba Ria – Vung Tau Election Committee.
Ba Ria - Vung Tau is one of the 11 cities and provinces which is permitted by the National Election Council to hold early voting in a number constituencies.
10 other localities are Hai Phong, Can Tho, Binh Dinh, Ca Mau, Dak Lak, Dak Nong, Hau Giang, Kien Giang, Khanh Hoa, Quang Nam, Quang Binh and Nghe An.
Vietnamese people are scheduled to go to the polls on May 35 to elect deputies to the 15th National Assembly and grassroots-level People’s Councils.
- Vietnam News Today July 31 Hanoi Asked to Work Out Home Isolation Plan for Covid 19 F1 Cases
- Olympics: Japan clinch historic fencing gold in men's epee team
- Vietnam confirms 8,622 new COVID-19 cases and nearly 300 deaths
- Ministry confirms 3,657 new Covid-19 cases, 139 fatalities
- How To Watch ESPN in Vietnam Live Online and Stream For Free