Malaysia re-affirms commitment to cooperate with ASEAN partners in COVID-19 combat
Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Malaysia pledged to work closely with other ASEAN member nations in the fight against the COVID-19 pandemic, said Malaysian Foreign Minister Saifuddin Abdullah.
Saifuddin made the promise on November 9 as he has been accompanying Malaysian Prime Minister Ismail Sabri on an official visit to Indonesia.
He said that ASEAN Health Ministers have regularly discussed and exchanged information on COVID-19 response measures.
The ASEAN member nations are always wary of new variants of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and also very optimistic about the effectiveness of vaccination programmes against COVID-19, he added.
Earlier, Saifuddin met with a number of representatives of Indonesian agencies and organisations to share ideas about cultural diplomacy - a new initiative he is chairing at the Malaysian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Vietnamese wood enterprises need to enhance competitiveness
- Bounce the day away at Ho Chi Minh City’s indoor trampoline park
- Vietnamese film 'Father and Son' to be screened at World Expo 2020 Dubai
- 18 foreign sailors rescued from a sinking ship in Vietnam
- Some Global Furniture Companies Face Delayed Orders and Depleted Inventories after Few Months of Lockdowns in Vietnam