Vietnam a role model in FDI attraction: Malaysian scholar
Dr Oh Ei Sun, Principal Adviser for Pacific Research Centre of Malaysia, speaks to Vietnam News Agency in Malaysia. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam has been an engaging contributor to ASEAN and a role model in FDI attraction in the region, Dr Oh Ei Sun, Principal Adviser for Pacific Research Centre of Malaysia, has told Vietnam News Agency in Malaysia.
Vietnam has demonstrated its activeness and sense of responsibility as the Chair of ASEAN last year and Vietnam’s contributions to ASEAN cooperation must be held in high regard, said Oh, who is also a Senior Fellow at Singapore Institute of International Affairs.
Describing Vietnam as a rapidly emerging economy in the region and a success story in foreign investment attraction thanks to its effective one-stop-shop mechanism, he said regional countries are hoping to learn from Vietnam’s practices in this field.
He also spoke highly of Vietnam’s national strategy on the Fourth Industrial Revolution as the country is among those experiencing the fastest pace of industrialisation and digitalisation. Vietnam has truly played a leading role in raising awareness of Industry 4.0 in ASEAN cooperation, he stated.
He went on to highlight Vietnam’s initiative and activeness in addressing disputes in East Sea/South China Sea, particularly accelerating the conclusion of an effective and practical Code of Conduct (COC) in the regional waters.
- Winning sea shrimp, people earn millions every day
- Invitation to media and analyst briefing for Ericsson Q3 2022 report
- Traveloka & Tourism Malaysia collaborate to showcase Malaysia as preferred holiday destination
- BIM Group prioritizes high-tech farming
- Shipsy Launches Plug-and-Play Unified Container Tracking Platform for Shipment Visibility Across Carriers