Top 20 famous specialties in Hanoi
Hanoi’s specialties, a culture that has survived for centuries, are summed up into wonderfully delicious dishes that anyone who comes here can’t wait to enjoy. What are those dishes? Let’s find out together.
I. Traditional delicacies – Hanoi specialties
“To understand the culture of a region, there is no faster way than to enjoy the cuisine of that region…”. The traditional specialties of Hanoi not only satisfy the children of Hanoi but also make tourists from all over the world unforgettable even if they try it once.
1. Hanoi Pho
Taste of Hanoi Pho
Pho Hanoi is easy to have since nearly a hundred years ago. Having eaten pho, many people also become “addicted”, a very poetic “addiction”.
Standing from a distance, I saw the purple glass displaying a little green onion, red pepper and a bowl of pre-cut meat. The smell of the broth is fragrant, standing from about 20m away, you can already feel the aroma of the belly. Ordering a bowl of pho, sitting in a chair and watching the seller stomp around, slice the meat and then open the pot of boiling water to dip the sliced pho in is also a pleasure. Pho is available, add thinly sliced raw beef, quickly ladle the hot broth, the meat is immediately cooked and very tasty. Depending on the taste, the person can add vinegar, kumquat or chili.
A bowl of delicious pho is the biggest contribution to the broth. The broth must be simmered from bones and vegetables, generally a family secret dish, each row is different, each taste has its own charm. With a little slurp of delicious broth, a bite of soft noodle soup with rich sweetmeat, people will understand that the title of Hanoi specialties or Asian delicacies is not vain.
When to eat Pho in Hanoi?
Pho Hanoi is a dish enjoyed at breakfast or near lunch. After that range, there are still many shops selling pho, but usually, the early broth is the best broth. Pho is the most typical and outstanding dish, so it is sold in all four seasons around Hanoi. It’s easy to see that every street in Hanoi has at least one noodle shop.
Ingredients for making Hanoi Pho
- Onions, ginger, spices
Types of Pho Hanoi
- There are many kinds of Pho in Hanoi, but the traditional pho is only beef noodle soup, chicken noodle soup, pho Ngan,… Beef noodle soup is known for its well-cooked pho, rare noodle soup, encrusted with bucket,… Each noodle dish is different. caters to different culinary practices, catering to a variety of users.
The best place to eat pho in Hanoi
- 24 lanes Trung Yen – Dinh Liet – Hoan Kiem District – Hanoi
- 1 lane 26 Nguyen Hong street – Dong Da district – Hanoi
- 336B Ba Trieu
2. Rib porridge
The taste of Hanoi rib porridge
Porridge is a dish that is available everywhere with all kinds of variations such as fish porridge, shrimp porridge, eel porridge, … But when coming to Hanoi, diners do not forget to enjoy pure white ribs porridge, soft and smooth. to surprise. Each piece of porridge is still warm, just touch the tip of the tongue to melt in the mouth, fragrant and sweet. Rib porridge is a dish that is easy to enjoy, easy to fill, and the price is extremely affordable.
When to eat Hanoi ribs porridge?
Rib porridge is a suitable dish for breakfast and dinner. Eating porridge is quick to fill up, but also fast to get hungry, so there is little choice for dinner. However, there are still diners who eat porridge regardless of the time of day. Rib porridge is sold all year round, throughout the four seasons, so no matter what time you come to Hanoi, you can easily own a bowl of warm-hot rib porridge, typical of the old Hanoi flavor.
The famous rib porridge is famous
Ingredients for making Hanoi ribs porridge
- Rib cartilage
- Dried onions, green onions
How to make Hanoi rib porridge
- Rib porridge is also cooked simply like ordinary porridge such as bone broth, porridge, etc. However, only the traditional porridge shops in Hanoi have their own secrets to add, making people only eat. once so infatuated.
Dishes with Hanoi rib porridge
- Rib porridge is often served with crispy hot spring rolls and stir-fry. The quarts are cut into pieces, lightly dropped into a bowl of porridge, gradually absorbed and become soft and hard. Eat a piece of porridge with more crackers, the delicious taste is increased by many times.
The best place to eat Hanoi ribs porridge
- No. 32 Hang Bo
- No. 37 Luong History Co
- No. 43 Alley District
3. Mixed vermicelli
Taste of Hanoi mixed vermicelli
Perhaps outside of Hanoi, nowhere else can you find mixed vermicelli with such an unforgettable taste. The vermicelli is soaked in boiling water to be soft and chewy without being crushed. Mixed vermicelli has many different types of fillings, chopped, mixed well, when eaten, the flavor blends together, extremely attractive. Eating a piece of hot mixed vermicelli, adding a sip of cool iced tea is truly no better taste.
When to eat mixed vermicelli in Hanoi?
Mixed vermicelli is a popular dish for students and office workers because it is a very affordable dish. However, many elderly people and gourmets still choose this dish, because its delicious taste simply makes people unable to refuse. Mixed vermicelli is sold in all four seasons of the year. Every season, people remember to love and also because of simple ingredients, easy to make, easy to process.
Ingredients for making Hanoi mixed vermicelli
- Carrots, Onions
- Green chili, red chili
How to make Hanoi mixed vermicelli
- Step 1: Prepare and clean food
- Step 2: Cook, cut the food into long and small fibers for easy mixing
- Step 3: Bare vermicelli until soft, mix well with other foods and spices
The best place to eat mixed vermicelli in Hanoi
- 38 Ngo Si Lien
- 17 Hang Chinh
- 63 North Gate
4. Swan vermicelli
Taste of Hanoi sorghum vermicelli
A bowl of hot vermicelli with smoky smoke and sweet aroma can be considered as one of the symbols for Ha Thanh specialties. Not enjoying vermicelli means not coming, not enjoying the culture of Hanoians. Each strand of vermicelli is transparent, served with thick, flavorful pieces of sliced geese. Add a little lemon, a little chili to have the perfect taste.
When to eat vermicelli in Hanoi?
Swan vermicelli is a breakfast dish for working people and students going to school. Vermicelli is also a lunch dish, a night dish. Hanoians eat vermicelli regardless of the time of day, and there is no fixed season. Every season is the season of vermicelli. This dish has an affordable price, easy to eat, easy to enjoy, so it is always satisfied with many diners. Hanoians who have eaten for thousands of years are still not bored, tourists come to enjoy it once and then want to come back next time. Bun Ngan has really become a special mark of Hanoi
Ingredients for making Hanoi swan vermicelli
- Goose meat
- Bamboo shoots
- Dried onion, garlic, chili, lemon
How to make Hanoi vermicelli
- Step 1: Boil the geese, filter the meat into pieces, simmer the bones with boiling water
- Step 2: Stir-fry the bamboo shoots with spices, then cover the vermicelli with boiling water
- Step 3: Cook vermicelli with swan water, add stir-fried bamboo shoots and spices
Side dishes with Hanoi swan vermicelli
- Served with swan vermicelli is simply a basket of raw vegetables, pieces of lemon and chopped chili. Because the taste of swan water is sweet enough, more sour, more spicy is enough to make people flutter in their hearts. Biting the piece of swan meat is the sweet water that comes out and mixes in the mouth. Can also add swan blood, swan liver to eat together.
The best place to eat vermicelli in Hanoi
- 31 Ly Quoc Su
- 16 Rows of Scales
- 42 Nguyen Cong Tru
5. Snail vermicelli
The taste of Hanoi snail vermicelli
Made from the simplest and most rustic ingredients, snail vermicelli has become a specialty dish that is loved by many people in the capital. Perhaps because of that, every visitor coming to Hanoi cannot ignore this dish, but just looking at it makes his mouth water. Each bowl of red and red snail vermicelli, tomato yellow, green and green of onion leaves, raw vegetables and countless pieces of fat, plump snails emerge. Eat a piece of vermicelli with enough crispy snails, raw vegetables, sip a piece of water and see the whole sky of the homeland drifting into your heart.
When to eat Hanoi snail noodle?
Bun snail is one of the specialty dishes, often chosen by Hanoians for breakfast and lunch. This is also a traditional and favorite dish of many families, when every weekend they cook and eat snail noodles at home.
Ingredients for making Hanoi snail vermicelli
- Snail or stuffed snail
- Rice noodle
- Herbs: perilla, scallions, lettuce, coriander
How to make Hanoi snail vermicelli
- Step 1: Clean, boil and stir-fry
- Step 2: Fry onions and garlic and cook tomatoes, add boiled snail juice
- Step 3: Bring to a boil, add spices, add vermicelli and immediately put in a bowl
Dishes with Hanoi snail vermicelli
- The dish with snail vermicelli also only has raw vegetables, a few slices of lemon or a few pieces of chili because each bowl of vermicelli is more than enough. This dish is quite easy to prepare, but you have to enjoy it at heirloom restaurants in the heart of Hanoi to feel its unique and delicious taste.
The best place to eat snail noodle in Hanoi
- No. 34 – 64 lane 191 Khuong Thuong, Dong Da district, Hanoi
- No. 26 Alley 139 Khuong Thuong, Dong Da District, Hanoi
- No. 19 Kim Ma Thuong, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
6. Noodles with bean paste and shrimp paste
The taste of vermicelli with bean paste with shrimp paste
One of the delicious but equally delicate dishes of Ha Thanh people is vermicelli with shrimp paste . Dishes served on simple sidewalks can be served at high-end luxury restaurants.
The dish is so simple that thinking about it, it is not sure to absorb the delicious taste of the dish, only includes crispy fried young beans, fried rice, and flavor with boiled meat, fried spring rolls, and sausages depending on the customer. Yet it is from the very simple blend of dishes that makes such a wonderful dish.
When to eat vermicelli with shrimp paste?
Vermicelli with shrimp paste is a specialty dish and Hanoians can eat it often because it is rarely bored. Lunch is the time when bun dau is chosen the most, because of its quickness and convenience. Vermicelli is also a dish that can be enjoyed in all four seasons of the year. A steaming hot noodle soup warms diners in the winter, and a cool cup of iced tea in the summer.
Noodles with bean paste with shrimp paste .Photo: Justfly.vn
Ingredients for making vermicelli with shrimp paste
- Noodles with leaves
- Boiled meat
- Not me
- Fried rice with rice
How to make vermicelli with shrimp paste
- Step 1: Fried spring rolls, fried spring rolls, boiled meat, fried beans
- Step 2: Make shrimp paste
Dishes with shrimp paste vermicelli
- Vermicelli with shrimp paste with shrimp paste is usually served with the best shrimp paste and raw vegetables such as perilla, cucumber, etc. In addition, depending on your preference, you can also eat vermicelli with fried heart/sausage, pork leg meat, etc. bacon,..
The best place to eat the best shrimp paste vermicelli
- Bun Dau – Ms. Tuyen Bun Dau – No. 31 Alley 29 Hang Khay, Hoan Kiem
- Bun Dau – Lang Mo Restaurant – No. 65 Quan Hoa, Cau Giay
- Noodles with tofu with shrimp paste – Khuong Thuong, Thanh Xuan
7. Bun thang
The taste of Hanoi vermicelli
The process of making this dish to present to diners is true quite a feat, so it is said that bun thang is one of Hanoi’s famous specialties. The bowl of vermicelli has a variety of ingredients: laksa leaves, Chinese flavor, shredded chicken, Thai silk sausage, shrimp paste, fried chicken eggs, a little bit of shrimp paste, etc., spread on a white vermicelli background. Vermicelli must also be sophisticated, it is a new, suitable, new style of vermicelli. Noodle broth must be simmered from chicken bones, add dried squid for sweetness. Watering must be clever, so that the broth is clear, sweet and still tastes good.
If it’s going to be hot, it’s really warm and strange to have a bowl of bun thang. Nom bowl of vermicelli is clearly beautiful and elaborate, like an open fan, each flap is a color, a different type of dish: green of onions, white of meat, spring rolls, golden-brown of fried eggs, … That’s right. Nowhere far, Hanoi is absolutely delicious and delicious!
When to eat bun thang in Hanoi?
Bun thang is a dish often chosen by Hanoians for their main meals, and in any season of the year, one can easily see bun thang shops in the heart of Hanoi. Bun thang is a popular and rustic dish, so it is quite popular and popular with most diners. Easy to eat, easy to feel, bun thang has become one of the typical beauties of Hanoi cuisine.
Ingredients for making Hanoi vermicelli noodles
- Silk rolls
- Pork bone
- Duck’s egg
- There they are
- Dried shrimp, dried squid beard
- Small noodles
- Green onions, laksa leaves, dried onions, shiitake mushrooms, dried radish
How to make Hanoi vermicelli
- Step 1: Prepare ingredients
- Step 2: Grilled Ninh with chicken broth and pork bones
- Step 3: Simmer for 50 minutes, add squid whiskers, dried shrimp, and shiitake mushrooms
- Step 4: Cover the vermicelli with boiling water, stack the filling and pour the broth
Side dishes with Hanoi vermicelli
- Bun thang is cooked quite skillfully with many different foods. Therefore, the dish with vermicelli is quite simple, only raw vegetables of all kinds. Some raw vegetables are often used with vermicelli such as lettuce, bean sprouts, dill, …
The best place to eat bun thang in Hanoi
- Bun Thang Ba Duc – No. 48 Cau Go, Dong Da
- Noodle Thang Ngoc Tuyen – No. 56 & 58 Dao Tan, Ba Dinh
- Bun Thang Thuan Ly – No. 33 Hang Hom, Hoan Kiem
8. Bun Cha
The taste of Hanoi bun cha
A full set includes: pure white vermicelli, a bowl of sweet and sour dipping sauce with a few slices of kohlrabi and pickled carrots, add a few fragrant grilled rolls, smell of pepper, golden brown color of coal fire, plate fresh and tender vegetables. It sounds very simple, right, eating a piece of vermicelli, adding a piece of dipping sauce, biting the ball, adding a few vegetables to suit it is enough for the whole session to sit and sip forever. The ingenuity of Hanoi’s dishes are not necessarily the complicated processing but rather the seasoning and seasoning, which is just enough, so flavorful and so appropriate.
When to eat bun cha in Hanoi?
Except for the early morning, all the rest of the day, Hanoians can easily find a noodle shop to satisfy their cravings. This easy-to-eat, pleasant dish is loved by many people from young and old. In addition, with affordable prices, bun cha is one of the top choices of students, office workers, workers, ..
Ingredients for making Hanoi bun cha
- Pork belly, lean shoulder meat
- Onion, lemon, garlic, chili, kohlrabi, green papaya, carrot
- Honey, oyster sauce, spices
- Puppet vermicelli
How to make Hanoi bun cha
- Step 1: Thinly sliced pork belly, pureed lean shoulder meat
- Step 2: Marinate the meat with lemongrass juice and pureed onion and garlic, add lemon juice
- Step 3: Cut kohlrabi, papaya, carrot, add seasoning and dipping sauce
- Step 4: Grill the meat until golden brown
Side dishes with Hanoi vermicelli
- Hanoi vermicelli is often served with raw vegetables such as lettuce, dill, .. Wrapping some vermicelli in vegetables, dipping in a bowl of broth and served with a piece of meat pie is truly irresistible. .
The best place to eat bun cha in Hanoi
- 24 Le Van Huu, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi
- 1 Hang Manh, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
- 41 East Gate, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
9. Noodle rolls
The taste of Hanoi noodle rolls
Hanoi noodle soup is a popular dish with young and middle-aged people. This dish is wrapped with pho cake, inside is full of flavors from meat, vegetables, spring rolls,… Sweet taste from meat, fleshy from vegetables and delicious dipping sauce. Used as a snack, it can be used as a substitute for main meals without worrying about a full stomach. Referring to delicious pho rolls, we must mention Ngu Xa Pho .
When to eat Hanoi pho rolls?
Pho roll is often eaten by Hanoians from noon onward. Can be used for lunch, dinner, dinner and even supper. One advantage of this dish is that the ingredients are easy to find, so around all four seasons, anytime you want to eat, you can find pho rolls right in the middle of Hanoi.
Rolled noodle soup
Ingredients for making Hanoi noodle rolls
- Cucumber, carrot
- Bean sprouts, salad
How to make Hanoi noodle rolls
- Step 1: Prepare and cook the food
- Step 2: Dilute fish sauce with sugar, main noodles and add kohlrabi or green papaya
- Step 3: Use rice noodles to roll food and dip it with dipping sauce
The best place to eat pho rolls in Hanoi
- Pho roll Huong Mai 25 Ngu Xa, Hanoi
- Hung Ben noodle soup 35 Nguyen Khac Hieu, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Ngu Xa Pho Roll 233 To Hieu, Cau Giay, Hanoi
10. La Vong fish cake
La Vong fish cake flavor
La Vong grilled fish is a dish made from selected salmon, the fish must be big and sure to be delicious. Choose salmon because this is a type of fish that contains many nutrients, sweet meat but little bones. Besides fish meat, guests can enjoy more crispy and chewy fish hearts. The fish is deep-fried with herbs, delicious fish sauce. Each piece of juicy, golden fish seems to dissolve with the taste, giving you an irresistible feeling of sublimation.
When to eat La Vong fish cake?
Cha Ca La Vong is a dish used for main meals. Usually, this dish will be eaten with 2 or more people. This dish can also be served with vermicelli at lunch and dinner.
La Vong grilled fish is a traditional specialty dish, besides these fish are quite delicious and expensive, so the price of the dish is also quite high. Cha Ca La Vong is suitable for family meals or eating with friends, creating a feeling of closeness and warmth.
Cha Ca La Vong
Ingredients for making La Vong fish cake
- Pangasius (or fish, sturgeon)
- Dill, onion, sesame, shrimp paste, sugar, turmeric powder, galangal, ..
How to make La Vong fish cake
- Step 1: Clean fish, cut into bite-sized pieces, marinate with spices
- Step 2: Fry the golden fish evenly
- Step 3: North pot, add green onions, dill, fry until the fish is hot
- Step 4: Just fry and eat with vermicelli, rice paper, shrimp paste, ..
Dishes with La Vong fish cake
- Cut fish pieces to taste, marinate with spices, grill on charcoal until golden. On the dining table are herbs, fresh vermicelli, shrimp paste and fish frying pan. The fish will be re-fried with dill, enjoy it hot, that will keep the essence of this dish.
- Wait until the fried fish is really hot, take out the bowl and add a little onion fat, a little dill, a little roasted peanuts, a little tangled vermicelli and drizzle with delicious shrimp sauce, … that’s it. A piece of enough flavor, which is the salty and sweet of fish, the aroma of dill, the freshness of vermicelli, the flesh of peanuts and the aroma of shrimp paste that make diners want to eat forever.
The best place to eat La Vong fish cakes
- Cha Ca Vong Ngu 29 Nguyen Chi Thanh – Hanoi
- Thang Long fish cake No. 21 Duong Thanh, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Lao Ngu fish cake No. 171 Thai Ha, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
11. Not yet
The taste of Hanoi spring rolls
Cha ruoi is one of the most delicious specialties in Hanoi. This dish, through many generations, still retains the same taste and is processed according to the taste of the old Hanoians. A delicious spring roll is a hot, crispy and golden patty.
Picking up a piece of fried rice, dipping a delicate fish sauce in the right taste, you will enjoy the whole sky of Ha Thanh cuisine. Biting a piece of spring rolls, the taste is soft, fatty, and the bar oozes out in the mouth. This specialty dish has held back countless tourists back to Hanoi.
When to eat Hanoi spring rolls?
Cha ruoi is the main dish, can also be eaten as a snack. Hanoians often eat this dish for lunch or dinner, especially on cold days. Cha ruoi is suitable for many people, appearing in shops from popular to luxurious.
Ingredients for making Hanoi spring rolls
- Minced lean pork (or minced)
- Citrus Peel
- Onions, dill, fresh chili
How to make Hanoi spring rolls
- Step 1: Clean the worms and ingredients
- Step 2: Beat raisins with tangerine peel, eggs and spices
- Step 3: Fry fried egg rolls like normal egg rolls
Dishes with Hanoi spring rolls
- Cha ruoi is suitable for serving with some raw vegetables. When eating, you can roll the patty with some lettuce leaves, herbs and vermicelli. Dotted with a bit of specialized fish sauce, you will feel the greasy, fleshy taste with an unforgettable sweet aroma.
The best place to buy Hanoi’s spring rolls
- Hung Thinh fried rice cake at No. 1 Hang Chieu, Hanoi
- Gia Ngu fritters 25 Gia Ngu, Hanoi
- Hang Beo fritters 244 Lo Duc, Hanoi
II. Hanoi cakes
1. Crab rice cake
The taste of Hanoi crab cake
Crab rice cake is not a dish only Hanoi has, but only the taste of Hanoi crab rice cake is both rustic, simple but irresistible. Crab cake has a variety of ways to make it, depending on the restaurant that adds its own flavors.
This dish has been with the Hanoians for many years and until now, it still retains the fragrant and chewy flavor of each piece of rice paper with a rich broth, a little bit of sour vinegar and hot chili peppers. taste enough.
When to eat Hanoi crab rice paper?
Banh Da crab is like vermicelli, vermicelli or pho in Hanoi, usually eaten for breakfast, lunch and dinner. This is a popular, affordable food that doesn’t feel full, so many people choose for their meals. From adults, children, workers to office workers.
Ingredients for making Hanoi crab rice paper
- Red rice cake
- Pork bone
- Seasoning powder, salt, cooking oil, shrimp paste, onions, garlic,…
How to make Hanoi crab cake
- Step 1: Clean crabs, puree, filter through a sieve. repeat the process 2 to 3 times
- Step 2: Boil the crab meat, drop a pinch of salt and stir until the crab bricks float
- Step 3: Bare rice paper and raw vegetables with boiled water
- Step 4: Put vegetables, rice paper, spices in a bowl and mix crab juice
Dishes with Hanoi crab rice paper
- Crab cake is often served with a lot of raw vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, bean sprouts. In the fresh morning, walking to the shop to order a bowl of crab rice cake, add a little lemon, a little vinegar and chili, dip vegetables into the broth, enjoy each red rice cake full of crab flavor, what else is more wonderful? .
Address to eat crab cakes in Hanoi
- 62 Dyeers
- 19 O Cho Dua (next to OCD building)
- 17 Hang Chinh
2. West Lake shrimp cakes
The taste of West Lake shrimp cake
West Lake shrimp cake is not a delicacy, but it is a traditional Hanoi snack that has been with Hanoians for many years.
Ho Tay shrimp cake is simply fresh shrimp wrapped in flour and fried until golden brown. Fresh shrimp has a thin shell, firm flesh and a crispy fatty taste. Some shrimp cakes also mix sliced sweet potatoes into the powder outside the shrimp, creating an irresistible sweet and crunchy taste.
When do you eat West Lake shrimp cakes?
West Lake shrimp cake is a snack food near noon or late afternoon. This dish is sold all year round, but most often at the beginning of the new year or holidays. Shrimp cake for many years has satisfied many customers, from young to old, big and small, because this is an easy-to-eat food with a reasonable price.
Ingredients for making West Lake shrimp cakes
- Fried dough
- Sweet potato yarn
- Fresh shrimp
How to make West Lake shrimp cakes
- Step 1: Clean shrimp and ingredients
- Step 2: Mix fried flour with cornstarch, add water and stir well
- Step 3: Add sweet potatoes, wrap shrimp and fry until golden brown.
Dishes with West Lake shrimp cakes
- West Lake shrimp cakes are eaten with raw vegetables and mixed with fish sauce. This fish sauce is diluted, adding main noodles, sugar, and even kohlrabi or green papaya. Wrap the yellow shrimp in the vegetables, dip it in the water slowly, and then take a bite. Crispy shrimp shell, sweet shrimp meat plus the spicy and sour taste of the dipping sauce. As soon as I heard it, I wanted to go eat immediately.
The best place to buy West Lake shrimp cakes
- West Lake Shrimp Cake No. 01 Thanh Nien
- 57A Hang Bo, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- 1 Alley 26 Nguyen Hong, Dong Da District, Hanoi
3. Thanh Tri roll cake
The taste of Thanh Tri rolls
In each place, in each region, Banh Cuon is eaten in a different way. So is Thanh Tri roll cake. It is the unique features in the way of making, in the taste as well as in the ingredients that Thanh Tri rolls are extremely popular with Hanoi people.
Banh Cuon is coated extremely thin, but still retains its toughness and does not crumble in the roll area. Thanh Tri cake is rolled with wet fried onions and a little minced meat and sprinkled with a layer of crispy dry onions on top. Dip a piece of cake into a bowl of light dipping sauce, base it with a fragrant piece of spring rolls, a delicious and attractive taste.
When to eat Thanh Tri rolls?
Banh cuon is a light food but quite firm and warm to the stomach. Therefore, Banh cuon can be eaten for breakfast or dinner. In the winter, you can eat cake with a bowl of warm dipping sauce, in the summer, eating Banh cuon, sipping iced tea is enough to make people feel satisfied.
Thanh Tri roll cake
Ingredients for making Thanh Tri rolls
- Fresh onion
- Dry onion
- Pork bologna
- Dipping sauce
How to make Thanh Tri roll cake
- Step 1: Grind rice into water powder
- Step 2: Coat the cake, add onion meat as the filling
- Step 3: Cut into a plate, add dried onions and raw vegetables on top
Food with Thanh Tri rolls
- Thanh Tri rolls are often chosen to be served with spring rolls, cinnamon rolls or grilled meat. These side dishes add to the deliciousness of the simple and delicate banh cuon.
The best place to buy Thanh Tri rolls
- 57A Hang Bo
- No. 30 Thanh Dam
- 66 To Hien Thanh
4. Dong Cac spring rolls
The taste of Dong Cac spring rolls
Banh Gio is a popular cake, even the price or the shop selling it is also affordable. Sometimes there is no need for a small shop, the sellers just load the cake into the basket behind the car, brew it well, and then go to sell it all over the streets.
Banh Gio is usually wrapped in a rather thick layer of banana leaves, the crust is white, soft, and squishy. The inner layer of the cake has a very pleasant taste, greasy, and very fatty. The hot spring rolls in Dong Cac street not only have an unforgettable taste but also help Ha Thanh people warm their stomachs and warm their hands on cold winter days.
When to eat Dong Cac spring rolls?
Hanoians eat Banh gio like pho. Morning, noon, late afternoon, evening or even late night. Pancakes are easy to eat, suitable for many people, but not full of stomach. From adults, the elderly, children can often enjoy these dishes.
- With affordable price, this also becomes a regular dish chosen by students and office workers for their meals.
Dong Cac spring rolls
Ingredients for making Dong Cac spring rolls
- Ingredients for the crust:
- Plain rice flour
- Bone broth, boiling water
- Soup powder, cooking oil
Ingredients for the cake:
- Ground lean meat
- Dry onion
- Wood ear mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms
- Fish sauce, pepper, sugar
How to make Dong Cac spring rolls
- Step 1: Stir the dough until it’s cooked
- Step 2: Spread the cake batter on the banana leaves, add the filling and wrap it in several layers
- Step 3: Boil the cake for about 60 minutes
Dishes with Dong Cac spring rolls
- The crust of spring rolls is usually quite light, so it is often served with sausages, cucumbers and chili sauce.
Sometimes in some restaurants, people often eat spring rolls with pork rolls, to replace sausages
The best address for Dong Cac spring rolls
- 33 Dong Cac, Dong Da District, Hanoi
5. Banh Khuc
The taste of Hanoi’s Banh khuc
Banh Khuc is one of the oldest dishes and has become the beauty of Hanoi’s traditional cuisine. Banh Khuc is stored in earthen pots, carefully incubated to always be hot when it reaches the buyer.
Banh Khuc has a fatty meat filling, so when you bite into a piece, you can see the smell of fragrant onions and fatty meat. Eating each piece of banh khuc, it is like seeing the taste of the local grasslands, the taste of the sticky rice flowers of the homeland.
When to eat Banh khuc Hanoi?
Banh Khuc is often chosen by Hanoians as a gift of all four seasons. In the cold season, when the vegetables grow more, and when people crave warmth, Banh khuc is always the first choice.
From adults to children, everyone is fascinated by the light, warm, soft, and fatty aroma of green cakes. This is a snack that is enough to make people full in the late afternoon.
Ingredients for making Hanoi pancakes
- Sticky rice
- Glutinous rice flour
- Pork fat
- Green bean
- Salt, fish sauce
How to make Hanoi cake
- Step 1: Wash glutinous rice and green beans, soak in water for 3-4 hours
- Step 2: Wash vegetables, puree, squeeze out the juice
- Step 3: Mix flour with water, add salt, cooking oil, knead well
- Step 4: Cook green beans, puree mixed with chopped pork, stir-fry
- Step 5: Mix green beans with pork, round to make filling
- Step 6: Knead the round cake, stuff it, and cover it with glutinous rice. Steam the cake until soft.
The best address of Hanoi’s banh khuc
- 69B Nguyen Cong Tru, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
- 29 Nguyen Thai Hoc, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- 35 Cau Go, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
III. Hanoi snacks
1. Xoi Xeo
The taste of Hanoi sticky rice
It may sound strange to many tourists, but golden sticky rice balls wrapped in lotus leaves and banana leaves have become familiar and become an indispensable dish of Hanoians.
With only 5 to 10 thousand, you will have a piece of sticky rice to warm your stomach until noon. Xoi Xeo is smooth and soft, served with fried rice and onions to create a fragrant aroma. Each piece of fragrant, warm sticky rice brings people irresistible attraction
When to eat sticky rice in Hanoi?
In Hanoi, there is no shortage of restaurants specializing in selling sticky rice with menus of up to several dozen dishes. However, only rows of sticky rice with small poles carry the sticky rice in each leaf, exuding a gentle fragrance like the smell of the countryside.
Early morning sticky rice for students to go to school, for adults to go to work. Sometimes, just waking up a little late is not enough time to buy because the sticky rice has never been clean.
Ingredients for making Hanoi sticky rice
- Sticky rice
- Green bean
- Turmeric powder
- Dry onion
- Chicken fat
How to make Hanoi sticky rice
- Step 1: Wash rice, soak with turmeric water to infuse yellow color
- Step 2: Green beans are carefully packed, pounded and then covered with sticky rice
- Step 3: Add fried onions, shrimp and wrap tightly in banana leaves, dong leaves.
Dishes with Hanoi sticky rice
- Besides fried onions and fried rice, sticky rice is sometimes also served with pork rolls or braised meat. These are all rustic foods, bringing delicious meals that tourists to Hanoi should enjoy.
The best place to buy sticky rice in Hanoi
- Xoi Yen 5B Nguyen Huu Huan, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Xoi Loc 68 Ta Quang Buu, Bach Mai Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
- Kim Xoi 25 Lo Duc Street, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
2. Trang Tien Ice Cream
Hanoi Trang Tien ice cream flavor
Trang Tien ice cream is an ice cream brand that has existed for a long time and has become familiar to the people of Ha Thanh. Located in a unique location – the center of the capital, along with a fairly cheap price. Trang Tien ice cream becomes an indispensable dish of both locals and tourists when coming here.
Trang Tien ice cream has a moderate sweet taste, is soft and melts as soon as it reaches the mouth. Therefore, after buying ice cream, you must eat it right away to enjoy the cool and delicious taste.
Trang Tien ice creams
Trang Tien ice cream is a famous brand, so if you don’t know the address, you will easily get lost in the maze of “fake” brands of Trang Tien ice cream.
Because it is a traditional brand, up to now, this shop still only serves traditional ice cream flavors such as nuggets, green beans, coconut milk, pure cocoa, …, with all kinds of packaging such as: popsicles. , fresh ice cream, box ice cream,…
Trang Tien ice-cream
When to eat Trang Tien Hanoi ice cream?
Normally, people only eat ice cream in the summer, but Trang Tien ice cream is always crowded and crowded with buyers in all four seasons. Each layer of ice cream is fragile and melts quickly, so it will not be as cold as ice cream with thick and hard layers in other places. Enjoying ice cream in the afternoon or evening in all four seasons is a simple hobby of Hanoians.
The best place to buy Trang Tien ice cream in Hanoi
- No. 35 Trang Tien, Hoan Kiem, Hanoi
3. Fried/grilled spring rolls
The taste of Hanoi fried/grilled spring rolls
Hanoi is not the cradle of fresh spring rolls wrapped in banana leaves, but only famous for fried spring rolls, grilled spring rolls made from unfermented sweet spring rolls.
Hanoi fried spring rolls do not have the sour taste of Thanh Hoa spring rolls, but on the contrary, have a delicious, greasy taste. Each piece of spring rolls is golden brown, cut and served neatly on the plate. Just take a bite, feel the spring rolls in your mouth, the crispy crust blends together to form an irresistible taste.
A little different from fried spring rolls, Hanoi grilled spring rolls do not have a crispy crust, but are almost golden. Nem when baked is covered with a layer of golden honey, creating a sweet and extremely attractive taste.
When to eat fried spring rolls / grilled spring rolls in Hanoi?
Fried spring rolls and grilled spring rolls are often chosen as Hanoi’s play dishes. This dish is not only popular with young people, but also a daily choice of middle-aged people to sip with a cup of iced tea or a cup of beer at noon or late afternoon.
Fried spring rolls, grilled spring rolls are also gifts to be enjoyed in all four seasons and in dating nights, chatting with young people.
Ingredients for Hanoi fried/grilled spring rolls
- Seasoning powder, hearing, pepper, sugar, oyster sauce
- Green onions, garlic, fried flour
How to make Hanoi fried/grilled spring rolls
- Step 1: Let the pork freeze, then put it in the blender
- Step 2: Mix minced pork with chopped pork skin and spices
- Step 3: Use food wrap to wrap food into long bars to eat, then refrigerate until spring rolls harden.
- Step 4: Roll in fried dough and deep-fry to get fried spring rolls
- Step 5: Bake on charcoal or oven to get grilled spring rolls
Side dishes with Hanoi fried/grilled spring rolls
- Young people in Ha Thanh often enjoy fried spring rolls, grilled spring rolls with chili sauce, cucumbers, and beans, and eat with chips and drink iced tea.
- Must be strong often like to eat spring rolls with beer or wine on cold days.
The best address for fried/grilled spring rolls in Hanoi
- Grilled spring rolls 10 Au Trieu, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Grilled spring rolls 46 Yen Phu, Yen Phu, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
- Grilled spring rolls 44 Yen Phu Nho, Tay Ho District, Hanoi
- Fried spring rolls 40 Tam Thuong, Hoan Kiem District, Hanoi
- Fried spring rolls 104A4 Thanh Cong, Thanh Cong, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
- Fried spring rolls, lane 81 Linh Lang, Cong Vi, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi
Taste of Hanoi Tao Pho
Tofu is also known as Tofu in the Central, Tofu in the South. However, only when enjoying this snack in Hanoi can people feel all its typical and traditional flavors.
When eaten, tofu is usually scooped out into a bowl, adding sugar water. Each piece of pho is white, fragile, and soaked in sugary water that melts at the tip of the tongue, leaving only a sweet, cool taste and a faint scent of jasmine.
The highlight on the bowl of white tofu is so many pieces of jelly, small blue and black frost, and crunchy pieces of pearl, once you eat it, you want to eat it forever.
When to eat Cao Pho in Hanoi?
Tofu is a snack that can be enjoyed in all seasons of the year. It is an effective cooling dish on hot summer days. The same bowl of tofu but still warm, emitting smoke and a slight smell of ginger in winter days to warm hands and stomachs.
From pupils, students, workers to office workers, everyone is a regular person with this simple, cheap but sweet dish. Tofu is usually enjoyed at noon or late afternoon, after lunch or before dinner as a light dessert.
Ingredients for making Cao Pho Hanoi
- Soybean/green beans
How to make Hanoi Cao Pho
Although the ingredients are quite simple, it takes a lot of time and effort to make batches of white tofu
- Step 1: Peel, treat and dry the beans
- Step 2: After drying, soak the beans with water for 3 hours to fully expand the beans
- Step 3: Grind the beans and filter the water until the residue is smooth
- Step 4: Bring to a boil, skim off the foam, add a little gypsum just enough for the tofu to precipitate
- Step 5: Boil sugar water, filter a few times, add jasmine flowers for fragrance to eat with too pho for full flavor
Dishes with Hanoi’s Tofu
- Tofu in Hanoi from the past to now is often eaten with jelly and dew and pearls so as not to overwhelm the taste of jasmine flowers.
- Since Tao Pho became popular, there have been many variations such as Mixed Tao Pho, Tao Pho Thach, Coconut Milk Tao Pho, etc., varied according to user taste.
- Tofu is best when you add ice and eat it cold
The best address of Hanoi’s Tao Pho
- Alley 105, Bach Mai, Hai Ba Trung, Hanoi.
- Opposite Nghia Tan Secondary School, Cau Giay, Hanoi
- Tofu Tofu – 41 Dao Duy Tu
- Vietnam always pay attention to gender equality issues: senior official
- Phu Quoc Island isn’t ready to welcome vaccinated international travelers next month. Here’s why
- The prolonged COVID-19 pandemic hamper Vietnam’s growth
- Vietnam to facilitate US investment projects, says minister
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives leaders of US enterprises in New York
Vietnam to facilitate US investment projects, says minister
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives leaders of US enterprises in New York
Fitch Ratings ranks PetroVietnam's Standalone Credit Profile at 'BB+'
Charity Work During The Pandemic: Humanity And Kindness Amidst Difficulties
Vietnamese airlines inked big jet-engine deals with U.S firms