Phu Yen to set up second Covid-19 field hospital as infections surge
A medical worker of the Tuy Hoa Medical Center in Phu Yen Province swabs a local trader for Covid-19 testing. The central province of Phu Yen has decided to build a second field hospital to promptly provide medical treatment for Covid-19 patients – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The central province of Phu Yen has decided to build a second field hospital to promptly provide medical treatment for Covid-19 patients, as it has detected more than 100 coronavirus cases by community transmission over the past week.
Tran Huu The, chairman of the provincial government, said on June 30 that the province approved the provincial Health Department’s proposal to set up the second field hospital at the Tuy Hoa City Medical Center in Tuy Hoa City, with some 100 beds, reported Tuoi Tre newspaper.
The province’s first Covid-19 field hospital, which is located at the Dong Hoa Town Medical Center, has been operational for four days. It originally had 100 beds, which later rose to 200 beds.
The provincial government also approved the Health Department’s proposal of temporarily converting some medical centers and facilities in the province into Covid-19 treatment units.
Some functions of the provincial General Hospital would be transferred to the Phu Yen Traditional Medicine Hospital. Non-coronavirus patients of the converted medical facilities were told to visit nearby medical units for further health check-ups and treatment.
According to the provincial Health Department, the province reported 21 new infections on June 30, bringing its domestic infection cases since June 23 to 104.
- Daily Horoscope July 30 Astrological Prediction for Zodiac Signs with Love Money Career and Health
- Olympics: Trampoline day 1- Rosie MacLennan looking to win third Olympic gold
- 62% of Organisations in Malaysia Include Contracting Roles in their Headcount: Page Contracting Malaysia
- The owner of the 3-generation roll cake shop with many customers revealed the secret is… the stone mortar
- 4 delicious cakes not to be missed when coming to the Southern River region