HCMC seeks to expand agricultural cooperation with Ontario
HCMC – HCMC has suggested the Canadian province of Ontario continue to strengthen cooperation in more sectors, especially agriculture, heard a meeting between the HCMC government and Ontario’s Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs (OMAFRA) yesterday, February 13.
The HCMC People’s Committee said it would create better conditions for international businesses to come to the city to explore trade and investment opportunities, especially those active in agriculture, digital transformation, and technology in Canada, especially Ontario, reported the Vietnam News Agency.
The HCMC government also worked out a plan to organize cultural exchanges and share experiences in human resource training with Canadian localities.
An OMFRA representative said Ontario would coordinate with HCMC via bilateral development projects, including those linked to the economic and cultural sectors.
Canada has injected some US$130 million into 119 projects in HCMC, ranking 22nd among 117 countries and territories that have invested in the southern Vietnamese city.
Ontario has a competitive edge in agricultural production.
- Binh Dinh introduces economic, trade potential to Belgian businesses
- 'Super Seafood' winners unveiled at the Sustainable Seafood Awards
- U.S. extends anti-dumping probe conclusion on plywood imports from Vietnam
- CM Energy Revenue Doubled with Nearly Half from Renewable Business
- Annual Sales of Home Appliances on Shop Now Platform Increases 9-Fold Year-on-Year