Laos concerned about widespread infection risk of COVID-19 pandemic
A medical staff sprays disinfectant to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Vientiane, Laos. (Photo: Xinhua/VNA Photo)
NDO/VNA – The Lao Ministry of Health announced on October 23 that the country has recorded 467 new COVID-19 cases, including 449 infections in the community, and one death in the past 24 hours.
The new infections were detected in 10 provinces and cities. The capital city of Vientiane remained a pandemic hotspot as it logged 232 new cases in a day.
Laos’s total caseload has to date reached 34,985, including 50 fatalities.
In that context, the Ministry of Health asked provinces and cities to urgently trace those who had close contact with newly-detected patients in a bid to prevent the spread of the pandemic.
It also called on people who show suspicious symptoms or once had close contact with confirmed cases to promptly have samples tested at medical establishments or contact mobile testing teams.
- Philippines launches massive COVID-19 vaccination
- Artnet and the China Association of Auctioneers Publish the Global Chinese Art Auction Market Report 2020
- Why You Should Embed Instagram Widget on Website
- Tian Lun Gas appointed Ms. Qin Ling as an Executive Director and the General Manager
- President meets with WIPO Director General in Geneva