Viet Reader.


Premier Newspaper for Vietnamese Worldwide

Nguyen Cong Tru relic site

HA TINH – Tomb of Uy Vien General Cong, the author of “Song of the Sky”, is located on a land of 2,000 m2 in Xuan Giang commune, Nghi Xuan district.

The complex of Nguyen Cong Tru’s palace relic is divided into two parts, including the tomb area and the souvenir church. Nguyen Cong Tru’s tomb is located in Lam Thuy village, Xuan Giang commune, with an area of ​​3,000 m2, built-in 1868 by the people of Kim Son (Ninh Binh) and Tien Hai (Thai Binh) and their descendants.

Nguyen Cong Tru (1778-1858), self-titled Ton Chat, alias Ngo Trai, nicknamed Hi Van, from Uy Vien village, Nghi Xuan district, Ha Tinh province. According to some documents, he was born in Quynh Coi, Quynh Phu (Thai Binh), when he was 10 years old, he followed his family to his father’s hometown in Ha Tinh.

From a young age, Nguyen Cong Tru lived in poverty but always raised the idea of ​​helping life, establishing fame and career. It wasn’t until 1819, when he was 41 years old, that Nguyen Cong Tru passed the exam and was appointed an official. According to Vietnamese Famous People, he worked as an official in the dynasties of Kings Minh Mang, Thieu Tri, and Tu Duc, famous for his integrity, integrity, and intelligence.

At the beginning of 1828, King Minh Mang ordered Nguyen Cong Tru to hold the position of the Palace of the Emperor. Arriving in Tien Chau (Nam Dinh), Nguyen Cong Tru quickly embarked on reclamation. In October, he established a new district named Tien Hai in Kien Xuong district, Nam Dinh province. After success, he noticed that in the Yen Khanh and Yen Mo districts of Ninh Binh, a stretch of the beach still had a lot of wildland, he asked to take measurements. In March 1829, he started to set up the Kim Son district.

In addition to land reclamation, Nguyen Cong Tru also had the merit to quiet the peasant uprisings of Phan Ba ​​Vanh in Nam Dinh, of Nung Van Van in Tuyen Quang… He took care of the poor life of the peasants. , proposed to “set up the school” for the children of the people, “set up the commune trade” in the villages to manage rice, and many other jobs to ensure the people’s life.

Nguyen Cong Tru’s tomb was built of stone, rectangular in shape, with the head facing the North, 2.2 m long, 1.1 m wide, with a beveled roof above.

Not only a military man, a pioneer, Nguyen Cong Tru was also a prominent poet in Vietnamese literature in the first half of the 19th century. He was talented and a man of action. Experiencing many ups and downs, Nguyen Cong Tru deeply understands the situation of the contemporary state. He put his thoughts into poetry, showing his bravery and talent.

Nguyen Cong Tru’s poetry revolves around topics such as masculinity, poverty, and the state of humanity or the philosophy of hedonism. There are verses that just need to be mentioned and people immediately think of him such as: “Had a reputation in heaven and earth / Must have a reputation with mountains and rivers” , or “Heaven and earth gave us a talent / Belts for play days”.

In the campus, there are also graves of great-grandparents and descendants of the great Nguyen Cong Tru family.

The most famous of the poems of Nguyen Cong Tru can be mentioned “Song of the sky” – the work was included in the high school literature program. The poem shows his life as mandarin ups and downs, and at the same time shows the ecstasy and foolishness of the brave general.

On December 17, the Nghi Xuan district held a ceremony to commemorate the 163rd anniversary of his death at the relic site.

About 400 m from the grave is the church campus, about 2,000 m2, located on provincial road 22, in Lam Thuy village, Xuan Giang commune. This place was listed as a National Historic and Cultural Monument in 1991.

The church grounds are surrounded by walls. The entrance gate has two fangs written in Chinese characters, with clams on top.

The church has three compartments, the south direction has two trusses, square columns, all made of ironwood. The back and two slopes are built with closed bricks, the roof is covered with fin tiles. The façade has 4 pillars supporting the roof’s legs, the front pillar has many parallel sentences in Chinese characters.

To the right of the church is the stele house, with a stone foundation, surrounded by 4 wooden columns, above the dome design and covered with fin tiles.

The four sides of the stele record the biography and merits of Nguyen Cong Tru in Vietnamese – English – French – Chinese.

To the left of the church is the Ca Tru theater built with many ironwood columns. Inside is a performance stall and a seating stand arranged in a U-shape.

Here, the local government often organizes ca Tru performances and community cultural activities.

According to history books, Nguyen Cong Tru was the one who composed the most ca Tru, who had great merit in perfecting the spoken form of poetry. Later researchers called Uy Vien General Cong the “king of singing and talking”.

Among the compositions of Nguyen Cong Tru’s 63 spoken and unrecordable songs, there are many songs that have been popularly staged and performed by Ca Tru clubs. Among them, the most prominent and the most sung by many localities are: Chi is a boy, Bay of Pi Ba Hanh, The song is ecstatic, Love flowers, Sorrowful love, Duyen meets, A day should be…

To the right of the entrance to the relic area, there is a row of level four houses, in which a gallery of documents and artifacts related to Nguyen Cong Tru is arranged.

The leader of the Nghi Xuan district said that the current population is not commensurate with the merits and great contributions of Nguyen Cong Tru. The authorities have had a project to expand and upgrade the relic, but have not been able to allocate capital.

Every year, the relic welcomes thousands of tourists inside and outside the province to burn incense, visit and study historical and cultural values… Follow vnexpress

About author
You should write because you love the shape of stories and sentences and the creation of different words on a page.
View all posts
More on this story