The most complete Ha Long city travel experience
Ha Long city is one of the major tourist cities of the North. Let’s explore the city center and have very useful Ha Long travel tips.
About Ha Long city
Ha Long city is the center of Quang Ninh province, with a coastline of nearly 50km. Ha Long city is located along the shore of Ha Long Bay with an area of 271.95 km2, about 165 km from the Hanoi capital. Ha Long has a strategic position in terms of economic development, security, and defense of the region and the country. Ha Long city center is marked as the Clock Tower – one of the proud symbols of the city, located at the intersection of 5 Bach Dang ward, where the intersection of major roads.
Ha Long City
Ha Long city is the big window of the Northern key economic region. In particular, this place has many development opportunities to become one of the busiest urban areas in Vietnam. In the city’s economic development strategy, tourism is identified as a spearhead economic sector and a driving force for the development of other economic sectors. The center of Ha Long city is developing crowded and modern, is one of the major urban areas of the Northern region.
Ha Long city weather
Weather Ha Long city belongs to the coastal climate zone, with 2 distinct seasons: winter and summer. The average annual temperature is 25ºC. Winter usually starts from November to April next year, the air is cold. Summer from May to October. The average temperature in summer is 29C, the hottest can be up to 38ºC.
The best time to travel to Ha Long is in the summer, from the end of April to June. At this time it is not too hot and it is very suitable for you and your family to arrange a resort trip to the city. this street. Besides, this is also the peak tourist season in Ha Long, so you can consider it if you don’t want to be crowded with people.
Summer is the best time to travel to Ha Long with friends and family ( @bundaybyday)
Means of transportation to Ha Long city
This is the fastest and most convenient means of transportation to Ha Long city today. However, the routes to Quang Ninh are still limited, mainly airlines operate flights from Ho Chi Minh City and Da Nang to Van Don (Quang Ninh) with a flight time of about 2h25p/way. Price flights to Van Don ranged 99.000d – 599.000d (ticket price excluding tax charges), depending on your flight and the booking period, the price will have different prices. From Van Don airport, you need to move another 50km to the center of Ha Long city.
Airplane is the fastest way to travel to Ha Long
The motorcycle is an active means of transportation for those who are passionate about self-sufficient Ha Long travel or short-term Ha Long backpacking. This vehicle is mainly loved by young people because riding a motorbike can stop anywhere and explore every corner of the city during the trip. However, if you use a motorbike to travel to Ha Long, you need a firm handlebar, some basic car repair knowledge and good health to ride a long-distance car.
This is the most popular means of transportation to Ha Long city among tourists from Hanoi and neighboring provinces. Travel time will take about 3-5 hours. You can book a car in advance or catch a bus at Giap Bat and My Dinh stations with prices ranging from 200,000 VND to 300,000 VND / way.
Buses are the main means of transportation to Ha Long City
The train is a well-known means of transport to Ha Long, but it is not used much, the reason is also that the train moves quite slowly. From Hanoi, you can take the train from Gia Lam station to Ha Long station with a ticket price of only about 80,000 VND / time but the travel time is up to 8 hours. Therefore, very few people choose the train to travel to Ha Long. However, if you have a lot of time and want to experience the feeling of taking a scenic train ride, this will be a good choice for your trip.
Highlights of Ha Long City
Bai Chay Beach
This is the largest beach in Ha Long city and also one of the most famous beaches of this city. Bai Chay beach is located in Bai Chay ward, Ha Long. This place is always crowded with tourists and people coming to swim, relax every day and especially crowded in the summer. Besides, there are also a lot of extra services on the sea such as rental buoys, chairs, freshwater bathing area, … to ensure your entertainment and relaxation needs when coming to Bai Chay.
Bai Chay Beach (@ maiikuns.__)
Ha Long Night Market
The market is located on the beautiful Bai Chay beach, above is the Royal International amusement park, below is the old ferry terminal, with Bai Chay bridge crossing the Cua Luc river to the city center, Ha Long night market is open from 6pm until late at night. Ha Long night market is an interesting place when visitors after a day of walking, swimming in Bai Chay beach to their delight, eating seafood in Cai Dam, Hon Gai, have the opportunity to go to the night market to choose souvenirs to bring back. Souvenirs that tourists often choose in Ha Long night market are gifts with sea flavor.
Bai Chay Old Town
This is an interesting destination in Ha Long city, this place has an ancient feature although it is just a corner recreating the beauty of old Vietnam. Located right next to the pedestrian street, you can visit Bai Chay old town at any time because it is open 24/7 to welcome all Ha Long tourists who want to visit and check-in at each street corner.
Quang Ninh Museum and Library
The museum was designed by a Spanish designer, the Quang Ninh museum and library are three prominent black buildings linked together by an overhead glass bridge system. This is a must-check-in destination for many young people when coming to the city center.
Quang Ninh Museum is an extremely attractive destination in Ha Long city ( @bulllldog)
Ha Long Market
Since it was newly built in 2003, Ha Long market has become an interesting shopping and sightseeing spot for domestic and international tourists every time they come to Quang Ninh. The market is located in the center of Ha Long city. This is the wholesale market of Quang Ninh province. The goods here are quite diverse from ordinary goods to high-class goods.
The seafood here is fresh and cheap. Especially in Ha Long market, there is a hot fried squid dish with an attractive aroma that makes it difficult for diners to refuse to taste it. Souvenir shops made from coal, sea products, wooden furniture and seafood stalls, squid rolls, etc. are popular attractions for tourists to buy goods.
Sunworld Ha Long
Sunworld Ha Long is one of the largest amusement parks in Vietnam. Covering an area of up to 214ha, Sunworld is divided into many entertainment areas with hundreds of different games from gentle to thrilling, suitable for all ages. Discovering Sunworld Ha Long , you need to prepare yourself for good health to be able to experience all the games here, besides, the food court in Sunworld Ha Long is also extremely attractive, guaranteed. will satisfy the most demanding travelers.
Sunworld Ha Long (@ sunworldhalongcomplex)
Ha Long Bay
Ha Long Bay is one of the natural wonders of the world that surely you cannot fail to know. Visiting Ha Long Bay, you should choose for yourself a Ha Long cruise with a schedule to go through attractions such as Sung Sot cave, Luon cave, Ti Top island, … and experience exciting activities such as: kayaking, night squid fishing, yoga practice,… very interesting.
Discover the cuisine of Ha Long city
Referring to the coastal city, surely the famous dishes will be related to seafood. Discovering Ha Long , the dish you must try is squid cake. Grilled squid in Ha Long is extremely famous for its affordable price. From grilled squid, people here also process it into daily dishes such as squid ink sticky rice, squid roll cake, seafood vermicelli….
Besides, the types of seafood you should try here are: sea worms, clams, snails, oysters, crab spring rolls, etc. Some delicious places to eat in Ha Long city visitors should stay to enjoy. wake up as soon as you have the opportunity to visit is:
– Cau Trang vermicelli (White Bridge, Ha Tu) is one of the best breakfast places in Ha Long with famous noodles and seafood noodles. The price of the dish ranges from 35,000 VND – 50,000 VND / bowl.
Seafood vermicelli is a favorite delicacy in Ha Long city
– Ha Long Golden Crab Restaurant (32 Phan Chu Trinh, Bai Chay) is famous for fresh seafood with very affordable prices. If you go in a large group or follow a tour group to Ha Long , this will surely be a delicious place to eat that you cannot ignore when you want to discover the cuisine of the coastal city. The price of the dish ranges from 50,000 VND to 300,000 VND or about 150,000 VND/person on average.
– Squid rolls cake (3 4 Doan Thi Diem Street, Bach Dang) is always on the list of delicious and cheap snacks in Ha Long. This place has extremely attractive squid cake rolls with delicious hand pounded squid rolls. The price for a set of rolls here is only from 30,000 VND.
Notes when visiting Ha Long city
– You should book early Ha Long tourism services such as hotels, entertainment tickets, air tickets, … to avoid running out of seats, especially in the peak season.
– According to Ha Long travel experience when going to the beach, you should choose crowded beaches that will be the safest places. Besides, you also need to follow safety rules when going to the beach such as not swimming in the restricted area, make sure to have a full life jacket, …
– Visitors should check their identity documents before traveling to Ha Long city, especially ID or CCCD will be used a lot when you rent a hotel room, rent a motorbike or rent afloat, chair and tourism services in Ha Long.
– Arrange luggage compactly and in accordance with the season to travel to Ha Long is also an important note before the trip. In addition, please monitor Ha Long weather regularly so that you can arrange suitable luggage.
Do not miss the opportunity to explore the extremely interesting Ha Long city during your vacation days. Plan now to experience the most meaningful moments with your friends and family in this city!
Photo source: Instagram, Internet
- 37 New Sites Listed As UNESCO World Heritage in 2021
- Vietnam capital city of Hanoi records 81 new coronavirus cases in a single day
- Vietnam records 4,246 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam surpasses 150,000 total COVID-19 cases as up to 43,157 patients recovered
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc Vietnam to Further Join Efforts for Building World of Peace