Salted egg yolk cake
A bowl of salted egg cupcakes.
Sponge cake with salted egg in Vung Tau city, the central province of Ba Ria - Vung Tau, is the size of a cupcake that can be eaten in one mouthful unlike the full-sized version with salted egg and meat floss on top usually found elsewhere.
Due to its size, each egg yolk is sliced in half. The combination of salt in the egg and slight sweetness of the cake has made it a popular dish in recent years.
It is sold at many places in Vung Tau, but one of the most famous is Goc Cot Dien cake shop at 17B Nguyen Truong To Street, Ward 2.
A box of nine costs from VND25,000 (US$1.08).
- Christian Erikson had cardiac arrest and was gone before resuscitation doctor says
- Vietnam emerges as one of new PPE suppliers globally: IFC
- Three railways from HCMC proposed for development in 2021-2030
- Italy vs Switzerland Preview prediction team news betting tips and odds
- Over 170 travel firms in HCMC leave market in five months