Vietnam records daily increase of 52 local infections: health ministry’s midday update
Vietnam logged a daily rise of 52 domestic COVID-19 cases at noon on Wednesday, according to the Ministry of Health.
Nineteen more local infections were registered in Hanoi, Bac Giang Province, Bac Ninh Province, Ha Nam Province, Thai Binh Province, and Hung Yen Province, the health ministry said in a midday update.
Two of the cases were detected at the Dong Anh District branch of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in the capital, the ministry elaborated, adding that the hospital had been isolated in the first place.
The health ministry had announced 33 new domestic cases in its first update on Wednesday morning.
Vietnam has confirmed 581 local coronavirus infections in 26 province and cities since the fourth wave broke out on April 27, having spent about a month recording no community transmission.
Hanoi is leading the count with 155 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 124, Bac Giang with 79, Vinh Phuc with 73, and Da Nang with 60.
Ho Chi Minh City has merely recorded one case in this round of infections.
The Southeast Asian country confirmed 106 community cases in the first wave from January 23 to April 16, 2020, 554 in the second from July 25 to December 1, 2020, and 910 in the third from January 28 to March 25, 2021.
Overall, Vietnam has documented 3,593 imported and domestic coronavirus cases as of Wednesday afternoon, with 2,618 recoveries and 35 deaths, according to the Ministry of Health.
The Southeast Asian nation has taken 255,058 samples for COVID-19 tests since April 27, the government said in a post on its verified Facebook account on Wednesday afternoon.
At the time of writing, 10,693 people are being quarantined after coming into close contact with infected patients or entering Vietnam from virus-hit regions.
- Kamala Harris Takes ‘America Is Back’ Message to Vietnam
- COVID-19 returns to Wuhan, where it first emerged in China
- Cyberport, Ericsson, SmarTone and Unissoft Join Hands to Develop New 5G Applications, Form Hong Kong's First 5G Edge Computing Deployment Scenario Used at Cyberport and Unleash the Power of 5G Technology
- Vallen Poised for Business Expansion and Captures New Revenue Stream in the Cloud with Infor
- Establishment of grassroots technology teams proposed to fight against pandemic