Half of Vietnam’s int’l internet connection capacity restored
HCMC – Internet service providers have restored 50% of international internet connectivity after the breakdown of four undersea internet cables, according to the Vietnam Telecommunications Authority.
A representative of the Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) said that VNPT worked with other partners to open additional internet connection channels on the mainland to ensure internet for its customers.
Meanwhile, Viettel Group always backs up its internet connection capacity to ensure a relatively good internet speed and bandwidth.
Currently, Viettel has expanded its international internet capacity on land.
Vietnamese network operators have supported each other in tackling the problem under the direction of the Ministry of Information and Communication. For example, Viettel has shared 100Gbps of its international internet connection capacity with VNPT from February 11.
The four undersea cable systems linking Vietnam with other countries previously broke down, causing a loss of 75% of internet connection capacity across the country. Two broken cable systems are scheduled to be fixed in March and April this year.
- Vingroup becomes ‘Best Sustainable Finance Issuer’
- VF Developments Completes Renovations and Begins Lease-Up on 2000s Built Modern Style Multifamily Community in the Chinatown area of Los Angeles, California
- Great Place To Work unveils Best Workplaces in the Inaugural Singapore Healthcare and Biopharma List 2023
- Cloud Music Inc. Amplifies C-Pop Content with Extended Rock Records Partnership
- Global minimum tax rate to impact FDI firms in Vietnam
Vingroup becomes ‘Best Sustainable Finance Issuer’
VF Developments Completes Renovations and Begins Lease-Up on 2000s Built Modern Style Multifamily Community in the Chinatown area of Los Angeles, California
Green offices remain key theme in HCM City commercial real estate
Patience favoured before action on USD deposit interest rates
Hurdles still to climb for stock market gain