EC visits Khanh Hoa over IUU fishing control
HCMC – The European Commission (EC) on October 20 sent a team to the central coastal province of Khanh Hoa to inspect illegal, unreported and unregulated (IUU) fishing in the area.
Le Tan Ban, director of the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development, said that the EC team would work in the province from October 18 to 25.
In the next few days, the delegation will work with the Fishery Sub-department on vessel management, administrative sanctions and procedures to land foreign catches and handle vessels seeking entry into designated ports.
Nguyen Trung Hieu, head of the Hon Ca Port management board, said that the Agriculture and Rural Development Department had reviewed gaps in the operation of facilities and manpower in preparation for observation on October 24.
Fishing vessel owners are now strictly making declarations at the port with sufficient documents and equipment prior to their exit from or entry into port.
According to the department, the fishing vessel owners have been fully updated with anti-IUU regulations, resulting in no violations spotted in the province.
On October 13, Phung Duc Tien, deputy minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, held an online meeting with ministries, central branches and 28 coastal provinces and cities to better prepare for the EC’s inspection from October 20-28.
- World's First Carry On Luggage Stroller named a TIME's Best Inventions of the year
- UCL Computer Science To Explore Natural Language Processing On Quantum Computers For Content Discovery and Archive Retrieval
- Celebrate the festive season with the return of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi's Winterfest and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi's Winter Spectacular
- Foreign tourists love to watch World Cup in Vietnam
- CGTN: China, Mongolia inject impetus into ties through three engines