Can Gio poised to become seaside resort city
HCMC – The outlying district of Can Gio in HCMC is planned to become a seaside resort and eco-tourism city, with GDP per capita of VND182 million annually by 2030.
The goal has been outlined in the HCMC Party Committee’s recently-issued resolution on the development priorities of Can Gio.
Under this resolution, the southern city targets an annual GDP growth rate of 20.7% for Can Gio during the 2021-2030 period.
By 2030, the services sector would account for nearly 75% of Can Gio’s total GDP growth, all urban roads would have street lights, all public transport means would use clean energy and 100% of garbage would be treated.
Can Gio is set to mainly develop services, sea-based tourism, a maritime economy and high-quality seafood farming and processing. The coastal district is projected to develop into a key national tourist attraction with 49 million tourist arrivals between 2021 and 2030.
The district is also expected to welcome international visitors through waterway passenger routes linking HCMC and the neighboring Ba Ria-Vung Tau Province.
HCMC will invest heavily in traffic and logistics infrastructure facilities in this island district to boost the latter’s economic growth.
- Fanttik Revolutionizes Jump Starting with the T8 MAX this Christmas
- SX GLOBAL ANNOUNCES PROVISIONAL 2023 CALENDAR FOR SIX FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS
- China's Dishui Lake - World's Financial Bay
- GWM, Sponsor of BWF World Tour Finals 2022, Advocates A Clean and Intelligent Lifestyle
- ASK Indian Entrepreneur Fund receives UCITS authorisation, aims raising USD500m from global investors