19.08.2021, 09:00

The workplace of the old Truong Son soldiers

HA TINH – National historical relic site of the resistance war used to be the Front Command of the General Department of Logistics, the 559th and 500th Group Command.

The relic consists of four houses with a system of tunnels arranged close together within an area of ​​about 5,000 m2, in hamlet 7, Huong Do commune, Huong Khe district, about 500 m from Ho Chi Minh road, passing through Huong Tra commune.

In 1966, due to enemy bombing and bombardment, the Front Command of the General Department of Logistics, the 559th Command, and the 500th Division decided to move from Minh Hoa district, Quang Binh province, to station in Huong Do commune. .

The war ended, the workplace of the three units above was restored and renewed by the government. In 2013, the complex was ranked as a special national-level cultural and historical relic by the Ministry of Culture and Information, now the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism. old Ho Chi Minh trail.

At the beginning of the entrance to the relic site, there is a stone stele with a height of more than 2 m, the stele was built by veterans of the Truong Son army in 2002.

The front of the stele is engraved with the names of the units that used to have their headquarters in Huong Do commune. On the backside are the names of military leaders including Lieutenant Generals: Dong Sy Nguyen, Director of the General Department of forwarding Logistics cum Commander of the Truong Son Army; Vu Xuan Chiem, Political Commissar of Truong Son Army; Nguyen Don, Commander of Group 500; Le Quang Dao, Political Commissar 500.

A few tens of meters from the stone stele is the fourth-level house of the Truong Son Command Headquarters. The house has two compartments, made of wood during the war, thatched, and thatched, in 2014 it was restored and embellished.

The altar of Lieutenant General Dong Sy Nguyen is located in the commander’s house, established by the people and local authorities in April 2019 – when he died.

Lieutenant General Dong Sy Nguyen (named by President Ho Chi Minh) real name Nguyen Huu Vu was born on March 1, 1923, in Quang Trach district, Quang Binh province. In 1939, he was considered for admission to the Party. In 1940, he was appointed secretary of Trung village cell. Three years later, he was wanted to escape to Laos and Thailand to operate. Returning to the country a year later, he joined the local resistance command, and in 1950 received a job at the General Department of Politics.

In 1965, he was appointed as Political Commissar of Military Region 4 by the Politburo, then as Political Commissar of the Central – Lower Laos Front. At the end of May 1966, he received the decision of the Ministry of National Defense to be appointed as Political Commissar of Truong Son Army Command – Division 559.

General Nguyen was the commander of the Truong Son Army for the longest time (1967-1975) and was one of two generals of the Vietnam People’s Army to be promoted to the rank of colonel to lieutenant general. After the war, he continued to hold many other important positions such as Deputy Minister of Defense, Minister of Transport, Deputy Prime Minister…

His name goes along with miracles such as the organizer of the continuous traffic battle, spreading the fire net on the top of the Truong Son mountain, the system of “bagua map” in Truong Son… He is also the proponent of building built Truong Son martyrs cemetery in 1974 when the war was not over.

On the photo are pictures recording the operation process of Lieutenant General Dong Sy Nguyen printed, enclosed in a large frame, placed near the altar.

On the left side of the house, there is a path leading down to the tunnel. The basement is where Lieutenant General Dong Sy Nguyen and the leaders of the 559th High Command worked.

The A-shaped tunnel under the tunnel is more than 1 m high, about 5 m long, 3 m wide. In the cellar is a bamboo cot that the soldiers used decades ago.

The living room of military units is arranged at Mr. Hoang Van Hoc’s house, hamlet 7, Huong Do commune. The building is about 75 m2 wide, like a cellar, 1 m lower than the road surface. Now the government has built the surrounding area, on top of the corrugated iron roof.

The working shack is now located in the family garden of Ms. Ngo Thi Hoan, 56 years old, residing in hamlet 7, Huong Do commune. The shack is about 15 m2 wide, made of earthen walls, on the corrugated iron roof, and inside hangs a wartime map.

About 3m from the shack is a shelter system with 3 doors to avoid bombs and bullets. This is the place where important meetings of commanders and generals take place. The tunnel is 2 m high, more than 10 m wide, now built with cement bags. Every day, Ms. Hoan often sweeps the leaves below to preserve the landscape.

The headquarters, working shacks, shelters, halls… are connected by a system of traffic trenches over 1 m wide and nearly 3 m high.

At the entrance to the complex, there is a 5-room wooden house used to welcome guests.

Every year, the relic welcomes thousands of domestic and foreign tourists to visit and learn about historical values. Follow vnexpress

Top News