Pờ Ma Lung Mountain attracts climbers
HCM CITY — Pờ Ma Lung in Lai Chau Province, one of Viet Nam’s top 10 highest mountains, attracts scores of climbers with its challenging route.
The mountain, 2,967m high, is located in Lang Village in Phong Thổ District in the mountainous northern region. It is infamous for its length and roughness, with its first pitstop accessible after a trek of eight to nine hours.
From Lang Village, visitors walk about 5km along the hillside before reaching the foot of Pờ Ma Lung, from which climbers ascend 20km to the top. The road hugs local irrigation channels before skirting a mighty waterfall.
This journey provides stunning jungle greenery and magical terraced fields, with a few small houses dotting the valley below. – VNS
- Leftovers: In Vietnam's Hue, yesterday’s rice is today’s hot menu item
- Vietnam opens UN staff officer training course
- Critical patient in Vietnam covered US 1 6 milion for treatment fees by medical insurance
- Global cases of COVID-19 continue to increase for a seventh consecutive week: WHO
- From humble sedge come new creations
Vietnam economy to expand 7% annually in 2021-22: Fitch Ratings
H&M fighting to save fanbase after social media backlash
Shrimp sector sets sights on US$4 bln export target in 2021
Over VND27 trillion sought for key roads leading to seaports in HCMC
Vietnam aims at US$4 billion of shrimp export revenue in 2021