Vietnam among key markets of Ford Motor Company
Ford Vietnam General Director Pham Van Dung (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam has been named among four key markets of Ford Motor Company together with Thailand, South Africa and Australia, serving as a driving force for the development of Ford Vietnam in the coming years.
Five new car models of Ford will be sold in the Vietnamese market this year, Ford Vietnam General Director Pham Van Dung has said.
In addition, the automaker will improve its sales process and new services.
Despite challenges, 2021 marked important milestones of Ford Vietnam as it sold more than 23,700 cars and finished the expansion of its automobile factory in the northern province of Hai Duong.
Ford Ranger was the carmaker’s best-seller in the previous year as a total 15,650 units were sold, posting a year-on-year rise of 18 percent and making up nearly 60 percent of Vietnam’s pickup truck segment.
Ford Vietnam sold 5,485 Everest mid-size body-on-frame sport utility vehicles (SUV) in 2021, accounting for 40 percent of the market for the first time.
Ford Transit 16-seater minibus was the best-selling commercial car model in Vietnam for the straight nine years, with 898 units being sold.
- GreenCo Promotes Early Preparation for Enhanced ESG Disclosures in 2024
- Da Nang aims to become attractive logistics centre by 2030
- NetEase Games Unveils PinCool, Inc., a New Multifunctional Studio Aiming to Produce Global Entertainment Content
- Veken And ESY SUNHOME Reached A Strategic Cooperation on Sodium Batteries to Jointly Promote the New Development of Energy Storage
- TYAN Server Platforms to Boost Data Center Computing Performance with 4th Gen AMD EPYC Processors at Computex 2023