Hanoi attracts over US$519 million in FDI in Jan-May
Employees work at a footwear plant. During the first five months of the year, the total pledged capital of new foreign invested projects and additional capital for existing ones in the capital city of Hanoi reached US$519.2 million – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – During the first five months of the year, the total pledged capital of new foreign invested projects and additional capital for existing ones in the capital city of Hanoi reached US$519.2 million, according to the municipal Statistics Department.
In the given period, 139 new foreign direct investment (FDI) projects were granted investment registration certificates, with total registered capital of US$76.8 million, while an additional US$442.4 million was injected into 63 existing FDI projects.
In May alone, Hanoi licensed 16 FDI projects with total registered capital of US$5.3 million, comprising 14 wholly foreign-owned projects and two foreign joint ventures. Also, foreign investors pumped an additional US$184 million into 13 existing projects.
As for the operations of domestic enterprises, the capital city saw 2,238 newly-established firms last month, improving 8% versus the same period last year, with registered capital reaching VND42.3 trillion, up 69% against the year-ago figure.
Besides this, 245 enterprises were dissolved, rising 20% compared to last year’s figure; 788 signed up to temporarily suspend operations, up 28%; and 644 resumed operations, up 51%.
- SK Biopharmaceuticals' Partner Angelini Pharma Launches Cenobamate in France
- Infobird Co., Ltd Announces Receipt of Delinquency Notification Letter from Nasdaq
- IBM and David Clark Cause Aim to Reduce Food Waste; Name AI-Powered Gardening App Winner of 5th Annual Call for Code
- Fanttik Revolutionizes Jump Starting with the T8 MAX this Christmas
- SX GLOBAL ANNOUNCES PROVISIONAL 2023 CALENDAR FOR SIX FIM WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP EVENTS