"Banh gat gu" (Nodding rolls) in Quang Ninh
Banh gat gu (Nodding rolls) are a specialty of Tien Yen District, the northern province of Quang Ninh.
The rolls are made from sticky rice powder, with sizes similar to banh cuon (steamed rice paper rolls). The dish is often served with minced pork and chicken fat sauce.
These rolls seem to 'nod' repeatedly when lifted off a plate, hence their name. The price is VND30,000 per portion.
Recommended addresses are Mrs. Cuc’s (73 Hoa Binh Street) and Mrs. Thia’s (30A Hoa Binh Street).
- Foreign visitors might be able to enter Vietnam with a vaccine passport
- Indonesia uses public buses as coronavirus disease vaccination venues
- World News in Brief: June 13
- Health Ministry reports 98 new Covid-19 cases, one death
- Vietnam logs another 95 domestic Covid-19 cases and one more death Sunday noon
Businesses struggle with rising costs during COVID-19
Vingroup – open arms turn wider for the community
Canada-ASEAN Business Council highlights cooperation potential with Vietnam
Manufacturing plays pivotal role in FDI attraction
Personal income tax collection from stock traders in Jan-May surges 320% y-o-y