Bánh Khọt a must-try at Vũng Tàu Beach
HCM CITY — Banh Khọt (mini savory pancake) is a great breakfast dish that visitors must try when staying at Vũng Tau beach in Ba Rịa-Vũng Tau Province.
The tiny crispy pancake is cooked in small round molds, with other ingredients like pork, mung beans, shallots and coconut milk added on top. The rim should be slightly burnt to add flavor to the tasty treat. The cake is eaten by being rolled in fresh leaves and dunked in fish sauce.
There are many versions of Banh Khọt such as the Cửu Long (Mekong) Delta Banh Khọt, which is softer, thicker and usually more yellow due to the addition of turmeric powder.
Vũng Tau’s Banh Khọt is flatter, crunchier and is white, with shrimp and shrimp powder on top.
Banh Khọt Góc Vu Sữa, located at 14 Nguyễn Trường To Street, Vũng Tau, is the best place to try Banh Khọt Vũng Tau. — VNS
- Breeding wild fish and giant freshwater prawns in rice fields in the flood season
- Fruit trays help wish for luck, health during Mid-Autumn Festival
- Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
- COVID-19: 9,706 new cases added to national tally
- World News in Brief: September 25
Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
Petrol prices rise from September 25
Lang Son hosts conference to connect consumption of black jelly products
MPI to submit post-pandemic economic recovery scheme in October
Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend