HCMC detects 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China
The container of 15 tons of used rubber gloves detected at Cat Lai Port in HCMC - PHOTO: HCMC CUSTOMS DEPARTMENT
HCMC – The Saigon Port Customs Office – Zone 1 under the HCMC Customs Department on May 17 detected a container with 15 tons of used rubber gloves imported from China by Binh Thanh District-based VHC Global Co., Ltd while it was completing customs procedures at the Cat Lai Port.
The used gloves, which were dirty medical gloves and had no labels, were contained in hundreds of bags. However, the company declared that the container consisted of completely new rubber gloves used by households, the local media reported.
Last year, the city discovered many poor-quality gloves production and import cases. In August last year, the Police Division for Corruption, Smuggling and Economic Crimes under the HCMC Police Department detained two people for allegedly producing and trading in more than 53 tons of poor-quality gloves.
- 55 new Covid-19 infections reported
- HoREA proposes apartment lessors’ taxable income threshold at VND200 million
- Documents required for foreigners when traveling on domestic flights
- Vietnam’s daily new Covid cases decline. 120,000 suspended workers will be back to work
- Vietnam chairs 64th meeting of Initiative for ASEAN Integration Task Force