Vietnam ranks 7th worldwide in tea production
Vietnam is now ranked 7th and 5th worldwide in terms of tea production and exports. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnam is now ranked 7th and 5th worldwide in terms of tea production and exports, respectively.
According to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the nation has 123,000ha under tea trees, capable of producing 1,02 million tonnes of fresh tea buds.
Vietnamese tea products are exported to 74 countries and territories, including Pakistan, China, Russia, and Indonesia. The shipments to China account for 12-15% of the country’s total export volume.
In the first six months of this year, Vietnam shipped abroad 54,000 tonnes of tea for 94 million USD, down 6.4% in volume and 1.3% in value compared to the same period last year.
The country has over 170 tea varieties, with local production areas moving toward organic farming for sustainable growth and meeting the market demand.
- Messika High Jewelry Show: Strength, glamour and jewelry take over Paris Fashion Week
- Helium Proposes Shifting Complete Crypto Wi-fi Community To Solana
- Nomination committee has been appointed for Mentice AB (publ) Annual General Meeting 2023
- Hevo Data Recognized as "One to Watch" in Snowflake's Modern Marketing Data Stack Report
- The 132nd Canton Fair to open online on October 15 featuring larger scale and upgraded services
Helium Proposes Shifting Complete Crypto Wi-fi Community To Solana
The 10th anniversary VietinBank - MUFG strategic alliance
Foreign-invested enterprises face up to procedural barriers
Seafood exporters tasked with improving their game
Hut 8 Crosses The 8,000 BTC Mark Whereas Persevering with To HODL