Wood exports to EU surge 36.4% in H1
Vietnam reports a year-on-year increase of 36.4% in its wood exports to the EU in the first half of 2021.
NDO/VNA – Exports of wood and timber products to the EU totalled US$314 million in the first half of 2021, a 36.4% increase from the same period last year.
Insiders believed shipments to the EU will continue to surge during the remaining month of the year as the bloc is gradually easing COVID-19 prevention rules and opening its border to trade.
The trend is also supported by the effective implementation of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement and growing demand for housing construction and repair in the EU countries at the end of the year.
Many EU wood furniture producers are increasing imports of materials from non-EU states due to reasonable prices and good designs.
Vietnamese wood exporters have received a great deal of orders, particularly from the US and the EU, said Bui Chinh Nghia, deputy general director of the Vietnam Administration of Forestry (VNFOREST).
Among EU buyers, Germany led the way with US$62.2 million worth of imports from Vietnam, up 19% year on year. It was followed by France (US$55.04 million, up 29%), and the Netherlands (US$45.47 million, 60%).
- uin Art Travel Shoes Unveils Its Design Philosophy -"CALSEN"
- Southeastern provinces attract over US$10 billion in new investments
- Flag salute ceremony at frontline gas field
- PitPat became the Thanksgiving gift that made online running trendy
- VENUSTAS Announces Heated Apparel Seasonal Plans For Black Friday Holiday Sale