Cambodia's tourism sees fast recovery despite Omicron
Tourists visit the Angkor Wat temple in Siem Reap province, Cambodia. (Photo: AFP/VNA)
NDO/VNA – Although more Omicron variant infections are reported, Cambodia’s tourism sector recovery shows no sign of slowing down, with a sharp rise in the number of tourists during the New Year 2022 celebrations.
Cambodian national news agency AKP cited statistics from the Ministry of Tourism which showed that the tourism industry served over 1.14 million tourists during the holidays from December 31, 2021 to January 1, 2022, including 5,754 foreigners, up 63.65 percent year on year, with Phnom Penh and Siem Reap being the most visited locations in the country.
After the announcement of the end of the “February 20 Community Event”, the capital and various provincial administrations have organized public celebrations, including concerts and gatherings, to celebrate the New Year and attract tourists.
In Phnom Penh, according to the preliminary assessment of the authorities, more than 360,000 people visited main destinations, such as Koh Pich, the riverside in front of the Royal Palace, Chroy Changvar, Victory Monument and the Techo Heritage National Stadium.
- Vietlott Mega outcomes 6/45: Who’s the proprietor of the large Jackpot prize of practically 22 billion VND?
- Crypto News Jan 26: ARK Invest predicts Bitcoin will hit $1 million by 2030 with Dogecoin, Etherscan, FTX, Polygon, Metaverse News
- Vietnam aim for points against Australia, coach Park Hang-seo says
- Results of the Northern Lottery right this moment January 26, 2022
- According to Wojcicki CEO, YouTube plans to use Web3
Vietlott Mega outcomes 6/45: Who’s the proprietor of the large Jackpot prize of practically 22 billion VND?
Results of the Northern Lottery right this moment January 26, 2022
Outcomes of the Central Lottery right this moment January 26, 2022
Behaviour alterations shaping MB’s financial offerings
Domestic support for agri-exports