29.07.2022, 10:28

The abandoned house of Ngo Dinh Can evidence

THUA THIEN – HUE – National relic of Ngo Dinh Can, who was considered the “lord of Central Vietnam” in the years 1955-1964, was abandoned for nearly 60 years, overgrown with trees.

The Ngo Dinh Can evidence house is located on Thien Thai Street, An Tay Ward, Hue City, about 5 km from the center of Hue City. The work was recognized as a national historical relic by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in 1993, along with the Nine Tunnels relic site.

Located on an area of ​​​​nearly 8,000 m2, the former witness house of Mr. Bat Tan (Saigon), was later sold to a Nguyen Dynasty mandarin and sold to the Chinese merchant Ly Lam Tinh. In 1956, Mr. Tinh transferred the entire land to the younger brother of the President of the Republic of Vietnam Ngo Dinh Diem Ngo Dinh Can to build a rest and entertainment area.

After taking over the land, Mr. Ngo Dinh Can (1911-1964) built many works such as a two-storey villa, a water house, a lake, an archway, a stone stream, a well, an orchard. fruit. Assigned by his brother to manage the Central and Central Highlands, Mr. Can stayed at this villa to conveniently monitor the detention and torture of revolutionary soldiers in Nine Ham.

In 1964, after Ngo Dinh Can was executed, the villa became deserted. The roof is degraded, the plants grow well um. Some concrete structures have been damaged, exposed steel cores.

The villa is about 450 m2, built of reinforced concrete, with a flat roof and tiled roof above. Currently, the roof tiles and decorative patterns are damaged.

After a few decades, the internal components are still quite good, no leaks, the wall color is still bright. However, due to lack of care, the second floor floor was littered with garbage.

A room in the villa became a fire spot for some people. Door system is missing.

The area on the first floor of the villa became a stable for cattle in the area.

The house is overgrown with plants and trees, many items are not intact.

The rockery system is made of honeycomb stone, chicken liver stone, over time covered with moss and leaves.

The entrance to the villa is not cleared of trees. Currently, the campus still has a number of trees such as jackfruit, phoenix, and orchid… still flowering and producing results.

Although recognized as a national historical relic for nearly 30 years, the Ngo Dinh Can relic house has not been preserved.

Mr. Nguyen Duc Loc, Director of the History Museum of Thua Thien Hue Province, the management unit of Ngo Dinh Can Relics House, explained that due to the small force, there was no one to watch and take care of it regularly. Every month, the unit only organizes clearing of surrounding trees and stakes in the relic area to prevent people from encroaching on the land.

The signboard of the National Monument of Ngo Dinh Can relic house is located on the side of Thien Thai Street.

The director of Thua Thien Hue Provincial Museum of History said that the unit has now prepared a report and asked for a budget to build a fence to protect the relic site. Particularly, the organization of displaying artifacts or organizing tours at the evidence house has not yet been implemented.