Vietnamese athletes win more golds at ongoing SEA Games 31
Vietnamese fencer Vu Thanh An (R) wins gold in men's sabre at SEA Games 31 (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Vietnamese fencer Vu Thanh An won gold at the ongoing 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31) after defeating his Thai opponent in the final of the men's sabre individual event on May 13.
After going cruising through the group and knockout stages, An defeated Ruangrit Haekerd 15-11 to qualify for the final.
His opponent Srinualnad Voragun was overwhelmed with a score of 15-7, with An successfully defending his SEA Games title.
* The same day, Nguyen Thi Thanh Tram won a gold for the Vietnamese Kurash team, lifting the total number of gold medals in the sport to seven, surpassing the target of five.
Tram claimed the gold medal in the women’s under-70kg class.
The Vietnamese team also bagged one silver and two bronze medals on May 13 - the third and also last competition day in Kurash, which featured the men’s under-73kg, the women’s under-57kg and under-70kg categories.
* Vietnam also secured a gold medal in the artistic gymnastics men’s team, scoring 331.25 points after nearly three hours of competition on May 13.
Vietnamese gymnasts celebrate their gold medal in the men's team. (Photo: VNA)
The Philippines bagged silver with 301.6 points, while Singapore scored 297.65 points to earn a bronze medal.
Carlos Yulo of the Philippines triumphed in the men’s all-around, while Vietnamese gymnasts Le Thanh Tung and Dinh Phuong Thanh clinched the silver and bronze medals.
* In women’s rowing events held in Thuy Nguyen district, the northern city of Hai Phong, Vietnam pocketed two more gold medals.
Ho Thi Ly, Luong Thi Thao, Nguyen Thi Giang and Pham Thi Thao championed the Lightweight Women’s Quadruple Sculls while Dinh Thi Hao and Pham Thi Hue won the Women’s Pair.
* The Vietnamese kickboxing team also brought home the two first gold medals. The gold medalists are Huynh Van Tuan and Nguyen Thi Hang Nga.
Tuan defeated his Indonesian opponent Pattisamallo Salmri Stendra with a score of 3-0 after three rounds of the first match of the men's under-51kg weight class in the Full Contact category.
In the women's under-48kg category of the Full Contact event, Nga had a great performance against her Filipino rival Dasalla Renalyn Dacquel. Nga also defeated her opponent with a score of 3-0 after three rounds.
- First Dong Thap Lotus Festival 2022 opens
- Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute at St. David's Medical Center to host international conference on complex cardiac arrhythmias
- HHOGene's GPods Make Hugely Successful Crowdfunding Debut
- Đồng Tháp goes to town on its lotus specialty
- 2021 Sees Online Charity Donations Soar to 10 Billion RMB in China
Deputy Finance Minister Nguyen Duc Chi takes charge of State Securities Commission
Gasoline costs could improve sharply tomorrow, knocking over 30,000 VND/liter?
Better gender equality towards resilient future for Vietnam’s garment, footwear
Luna Basis Guard Is Now Promoting All Of Its Bitcoins To Save UST Peg! What Is Taking place?
Here’s what you should know about Media Landscape of Vietnam