SEA Games 31: Kurash athletes secure two more golds for Vietnam
Le Cong Hoang Hai (second from left) won a gold medal and Vo Pham Hoang An (first from left) grabbed a silver medal in the men's under-60 kg category. (Photo: NDO)
NDO/VNA – The Vietnamese kurash team won two more gold medals on May 11, the second of the event’s competition, at the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games 31), exceeding the target of five golds.
In addition to the two golds, kurash athletes grabbed two silver and two bronze medals.
Le Cong Hoang Hai won a gold medal in the men's under-60 kg category, while his teammate Le Duc Dong took a gold in the men's under-66 kg category at Hoai Duc Gymnasium in Hanoi’s Hoai Duc district.
Le Duc Dong (second from left) defended the gold medal in the men's under-66 kg category. (Photo: NDO)
This is the first gold medal of Le Cong Hoang Hai as he attended the regional sports event for the first time, while Le Duc Dong successfully defended the gold medal he had won at the previous games in the Philippines.
The Vietnamese kurash athletes won four kurash gold medals on May 10.
Ten kurash weight classes of the men’s and women’s categories are scheduled to last until May 13 at the Hoai Duc Gymnasium.
At the previous SEA Games 30 in the Philippines when the sport first appeared in the event, Vietnam won seven golds, one silver, and two bronzes.
- Market slides due to stronger selling force
- Ikano Centres Unveils 'Klippa' As Official Name for its Batu Kawan Mixed-Use Development in Penang
- Vietnamese days held in Saint Petersburg with assorted activities
- Lexus launches a brand new crossover: Improved engine, a sequence of kit upgrades
- Catch a Glimpse of the 2022 Madison Summer Live Auction