Expatriates in Japan support Vietnamese Paralympic athletes
At the event. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Representatives of the Vietnamese Embassy and overseas Vietnamese community in Japan on August 21 visited and presented gifts to the Vietnamese sport delegation to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games.
Speaking at the event on behalf of the community, Buddhist nun Thich Tam Tri, President of the Association of Vietnamese Buddhists in Japan, wished the delegation good health and achievements at the sport tournament.
Deputy Director of the Vietnam Sports Administration Nguyen Hong Minh, who is also head of the Vietnamese delegation, expressed his gratitude toward the Vietnamese expatriates in Japan for their attention and encouragement.
He said the support will help fuel Vietnamese athletes’ determination to deliver their best performance at the games.
The 15-strong Vietnamese sport delegation includes seven athletes who will compete in three sports, namely weightlifting, swimming and athletics at the Tokyo Paralympics, slated for August 24-September 5.
- How green financing in Vietnam will be promoted for sustainable growth?
- Vietnam’s Central beach city is getting ready to to welcome back fully vaccinated foreign tourists
- Macron says France will double the COVID shots it sends to poor nations - AFP
- Invite each other to check-in the most beautiful and famous camping sites in Vung Tau
- What’s Landscape of Vietnam Medical Education Market?
Vietnamese aquatic products, fruits introduced at food exhibition in Russia
Petrol prices rise from September 25
Lang Son hosts conference to connect consumption of black jelly products
MPI to submit post-pandemic economic recovery scheme in October
Teleconference between Government, businesses to take place this weekend