Vietnam to play friendly against Iraq ahead of crucial Futsal play-off tie
The national team had initially planned to play a friendly against Thailand on May 18, but the clash was cancelled as Thailand could not delay their play-off match against Iraq slated for May 20.
Vietnamese players coached by Pham Minh Giang are currently gathering in Ho Chi Minh City for a training camp ahead of their crucial play-off games in order to qualify for the global tournament.
The squad will take on Thai Son Nam-Sahako in a friendly game on May 14 to select 18 players for the final lineup. They will then fly to the UAE the following day in order to compete in the play-off round.
Vietnam are due to take on Lebanon on May 23 and May 25 in a two-legged tie played in the UAE.
The 2021 FIFA Futsal World Cup finals will be held between September 12 and October 3 in Lithuania.
The Vietnamese players are aiming to qualify for the global tournament for only the second time in their history. Back in the 2016 competition, they left a positive impression on both international fans and media after progressing to the quarter finals.
- Covid-19, Influenza, H.I.V, hepatitis C can be treated with a simple pill, and the U.S. is betting on It
- Yarmolenko inspires Ukraine to 2-1 win over North Macedonia
- Ho Chi Minh City told to apply smallest-possible-scale restrictions
- WHO pledges to work for early COVID-19 vaccine delivery to Vietnam
- Vietnam reports highest-ever 24-hour surge in Covid-19 cases
Hotels see dark days as pandemic rages on
Vietnam experiences strong growth in the export of fruits to China
How Japanese investors can own leading brands in Vietnam through M&A
Seminar discusses Vietnam-Venezuela B2B trade
Vietnam applied a temporary anti-dumping tax of 33.88% sugar products imported from Thailand.