HCMC – South Korea became Vietnam’s biggest tourism source market in January, accounting for one-third of all international tourist arrivals.
Among the 871,000 international tourists who came to Vietnam in January, South Korea accounted for 258,946.
The U.S. came in second with 77,897 visitors, mainly due to a large number of Vietnamese Americans returning home for Lunar New Year celebrations.
Meanwhile, Thailand is Vietnam’s third largest tourism source market, with an estimated number of 54,985 visitors.
Despite China’s reopening on January 8, Vietnam received a modest number of guests from the northern neighboring country, estimated at 15,875 visitors.
The majority of international tourists came to Vietnam by air at 91.9%, by road at 7.5% and by sea at 0.6%.
Travel and tourism services in January brought in an estimated VND2,200 billion in revenue, an increase of 113.4% over the same period of last year.
According to tourism companies, international travels to Vietnam will improve sharply in the coming time thanks to the recovery of the Chinese market, Japan’s relaxed restrictions on travel, and the resumption of trade and investment activities.
- Huawei Cloud: Leading Cloud Native to Advance Global Smart Finance
- Navigate Change, Shaping Smarter Finance Together: Huawei Cloud Releases Data Warehouse 3.0
- PSP Investments posts 4.4% return in fiscal year 2023, demonstrating resilience and outperforming markets in a challenging environment
- Geekbuying - A Recognized and Trusted Global Online Shop
- Odisha Train Accident: KIIT to Provide Jobs and Education to Victims' Families of Odisha