Incense offering in tribute to President Ho Chi Minh, martyrs
President Nguyen Xuan Phuc offers incense and flowers to President Ho Chi Minh (Photo: VOV)
NDO/VNA - President Nguyen Xuan Phuc on May 20 offered incense and flowers to late President Ho Chi Minh and heroic martyrs at Nga Ba Giong memorial and Gieng nuoc hospital relic site in Hoc Mon district, Ho Chi Minh City on May 20 on the occasion of the late leader’s 131st birthday (May 19).
Hoc Mon district has been popular with the uprising of the 18 Vuon Trau (Areca Garden) hamlets against the French colonists in 1885, which later spread to other southern localities. However, it was cruelly suppressed by the French colonists.
In August 1941, the French administration arrested and sent several leaders of the Southern Regional Party Committee, including Nguyen Van Cu, Vo Van Tan, Phan Dang Luu, Nguyen Thi Minh Khai and others, to the firing squad.
The French set up three firing grounds to execute the revolutionaries. One of them was at Nga Ba Giong (Giong T-junction).
Though the uprising was a failure, it helped to spur the August Revolution of 1945.
During the resistance war against the US, Nga Ba Giong saw glorious feats of the military and locals in Xuan Thoi Thuong commune.
On the occasion, President Phuc visited and presented gifts to several policy beneficiary families in the district, including heroic Vietnamese mothers Nguyen Thi Se and Do Thi Net, and wounded soldier Le Van Cao.
- LCOE-centered, 600W+ module drives global PV market with four key competencies
- Advanced Instruments Introduces Solentim VIPS™ PRO, A High Efficiency Single Cell Seeder to Optimize Cell Line Development Workflows
- Dunxin Financial Holdings Limited Reports Financial Results for the First Six Months of 2022
- SCG International sets 3 strategies to become leading trusted international supply chain partner; Unlocking supply chain disruption through end-to-end solutions
- Samsung Biologics Earns Gold Rating from EcoVadis for Its Sustainability Efforts
Banking prospects from now to the end of the year
European enterprises optimistic about Viet Nam’s economy: EuroCham
Three Arrows Capital Pockets Eliminated $33 Million Value Of stETH From Curve Pool
Panasonic offers more studying opportunities for Vietnamese talented students
Khanh Hoa develops rural industrial products