College students fatally hit by truck on mountain pass in Vietnam’s Central Highlands
Two college students were fatally hit by a truck as they were traveling on a motorbike along a mountain pass in Vietnam’s Central Highlands on Friday night.
The Department of Public Security in Lam Dong Province confirmed on Saturday that the accident occurred on a section of Lam Dong Pass in Da Huoai District at around 10:00 pm on Friday.
N.T.C.G., 22, was carrying N.C.T.T., 19, on a motorbike as they traveled from Ho Chi Minh City to their hometown in Bao Loc City, Lam Dong Province.
The two girls were cousins and went to the same college in Ho Chi Minh City.
Meanwhile, Ho Van Thanh, 49, was driving a truck carrying scrap material in the opposite direction.
The truck was descending the mountain pass when it crashed into G.’s motorcycle, before tipping over.
G. and T. were killed on the spot, and their motorbike was severely damaged.
Traffic jams occurred along the pass for multiple hours following the collision.
The Da Huoai District traffic safety committee has provided financial support to the victims’ family.
Bao Loc Pass is currently a traffic accident hotspot as at least three serious crashes have taken place along the route in the past two months.
The provincial People’s Committee has required competent authorities to install traffic CCTV along the mountain pass to monitor the situation and reduce accidents.
- Saigon Times - Great Circle donates necessities to Covid-19 treatment hospitals
- Enjoying Innovative Vitamins That Taste Better: YOUVIT Gummies Launch in Hong Kong, Pledges Donation to Po Leung Kuk Children
- Gemini Horoscope September 2021 Monthly Predictions for Love Financial Career and Health
- 'AGON by AOC': a New Gaming Brand Strategy to Inspire Gamers at Every Level
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed