Three Vietnamese paintings fetch over US$1 million each in just one month
"Landscape of Thay Pagoda" by Pham Hau – PHOTO: SOTHEBY'S
HCMC – Vietnam has had three more paintings that sold for over US$1 million each at international auctions since mid-April.
The oil on canvas painting “Portrait of Mademoiselle Phuong” by late painter Mai Trung Thu (1906-1980) fetched a record price for a Vietnamese painting as it sold for US$3.1 million at Sotheby's Auction House in Hong Kong on April 18.
“Portrait of Mademoiselle Phuong” by Mai Trung Thu – PHOTO: SOTHEBY'S
- Vietnam has 103 new COVID-19 cases to report on June 13 evening
- Vietnam logs 95 more locally-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Number of Covid-19 patients at HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases rises to 53
- Foreign visitors might be able to enter Vietnam with a vaccine passport
- Indonesia uses public buses as coronavirus disease vaccination venues
Businesses struggle with rising costs during COVID-19
Vingroup – open arms turn wider for the community
Canada-ASEAN Business Council highlights cooperation potential with Vietnam
Manufacturing plays pivotal role in FDI attraction
Personal income tax collection from stock traders in Jan-May surges 320% y-o-y