Documentary about French photographer to be screened
HÀ NỘI — A screening of the documentary Robert Doisneau: Le revolte du merveilleux (Robert Doisneau: Through the Lens) will be presented at the Vincom Centre of Contemporary Art (VCCA) on Saturday, May 29.
Robert Doisneau (1912 - 1994) was a French photographer and early pioneer of photojournalism and street photography.
Directed by Clementine Deroudille, the documentary features unissued photographs and videos as well as interviews of Doisneau’s friends and partners. Through the documentary, viewers can learn about how a kid from poor suburbs in Paris turned to be a superstar photographer. It draws an intimate portrait of the life and work of the artist.
The screening is part of the ‘Photo Hanoi ‘21’ initiated by the French Institute in Ha Noi, L'Espace, aiming to express diverse perspectives and approaches to the multi-coloured world of domestic and international photographers. It will start at 7.30pm. Free entrance. VCCA is at B1-R3 Floor, Royal City, 72A Nguyễn Trãi Street. VNS
- Vietnam to send 19-strong delegation to Tokyo Paralympics
- First emergency treatment for UN staff member marks new milestone in Vietnam - UN ties
- How the Federal Republic of Germany shaped its image anew at documenta
- Executive interview: How Vietnam’s MBBank sets the highest level of banking standard
- BitDAO Raises $230M to Launch One of the World’s Largest DAOs
How Ho Chi Minh City support small traders during the Covid-19 pandemic
Many enterprise in the leather and footwear have a impressive growth during this time
Boosting domestic investment to bolster economic growth: experts
How to Acquire a Company in Vietnam as Foreigner
Napas unveils unified QR code system for bank transfers