Honey turns sweet life for villagers in Hòa Bình Province
The northern province of Hòa Bình has a diverse ecosystem, mild climate and vast area of forest, all of which are favourable conditions for beekeeping.
In recent years, many households in Đoc Lập Commune in Hòa Bình Province have shifted to beekeeping as this job does not require big investment but brings about a stable income.
Beekeeping has significantly contributed to tackling poverty and improving local livelihoods, which has promoted local economic and social development.
On average, each beekeeping household in Đoc Lập Commune raises 300 swarms. The harvest season for honey in the area is from March to April, coinciding with the blooming season of longan and litchi flowers. Longan honey produced there has high quality and can be sold from VNĐ180,000-200,000 (US$8-9) per litre. VNS
- Desperate to plant this tree, the garden owner is surprised when many people come to “fight” to buy fruit
- Party inspection commissions of Vietnam, Laos strengthen ties
- LEGO Group to build new factory in Vietnam
- Laos tightens border controls to prevent Omicron variant
- Vietnam seeking consultation on COVID-19 vaccination for children aged 5-11
LEGO Group to build new factory in Vietnam
Cold storage warehouse market forecast to grow 12 percent a year: Savills Vietnam
Here’s how Vietnamese aviation enterprises will overcome the challenges caused by pandemic
Using Mobile Payments? Digital Identity Will Secure Your Transactions With Nam Ma, Director Of trueID At VNG Corp. (S2E12)
Virtual Vietnam Foodexpo 2021 kicks off