Five ferries to be mobilized for temporary Rach Mieu ferry terminal
HCMC – Authorities will put into service five 100-ton ferries at the temporary Rach Mieu ferry terminal to meet the increasing travel demand of residents in the coming days, according to the vice director of the Ben Tre Bus Station and Ferry Management Center.
This is the first time the temporary Rach Mieu ferry terminal will have the highest number of ferries in operation since its launch in January 2021. The two-lane Rach Mieu suspension bridge is always congested during holidays, so the temporary ferry terminal helps ease traffic on the bridge.
According to Bao, the additional ferries will be used to carry passengers to ease traffic pressure for the Rach Mieu bridge.
During the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday, Tet, which always a sudden surge in commuter traffic from southern industrial cities and provinces to Mekong Delta provinces, the temporary ferry terminal may extend its operation hours until midnight, instead of from 4:00 to 22:00 as usual.
The temporary ferry terminal is 10 kilometers from the Rach Mieu bridge.
A second Rach Mieu bridge is under construction, so when it is in place, it would reduce traffic on the current bridge.
- Michel Abboud Unveils New Piece: Totem XL Public Art
- Health Equity Report Card Pilot Project to Help Close the Care Gap Highlighted on World Cancer Day
- Northwest Arkansas' First Robotic Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Vietnam sets 2023 export target of US$394 billion
- Huawei Vietnam presents educational equipment to remote areas