Local airlines to operate 33,700 flights during Tet holiday
HCMC – Vietnamese carriers are planning to offer almost 33,700 flights before, during and after the upcoming Lunar New Year holiday, or Tet, to satisfy the strong travel demand.
According to the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam, the local airlines have already arranged 25,613 flights and will add an extra 8,079 between January 6 and February 5, 2023 (between the 15th day of the 12th lunar month and the 15th day of the 1st lunar month).
They will raise the number of daily flights during the above period from 826 to 1,087, up to 260 flights per day. The number of seats will increase by 1.6 million, from 5.1 million to 6.7 million.
The carriers will mostly increase the flight frequency on the busy domestic routes linking HCMC, Hanoi with Danang, Dong Hoi, Vinh and Thanh Hoa and on international routes between Vietnam and Southeast Asia, Northeast Asia and Australia.
Since mid-August this year, three carriers under the Vietnam Airlines Group, namely Vietnam Airlines, Pacific Airlines and VASCO, have offered millions of air tickets for international and domestic flights on the occasion of Tet.
The total number of international flights operated by Vietnam Airlines during the upcoming holiday has almost doubled, as many countries and territories have eased travel restrictions.
As for Vietravel Airlines, another local carrier, on October 4, it started offering 70,000 tickets for the Tet holiday. As of October 20, the occupancy rate of flights during the period had reached 75%, said a Vietravel Airlines representative.
- World's First Carry On Luggage Stroller named a TIME's Best Inventions of the year
- UCL Computer Science To Explore Natural Language Processing On Quantum Computers For Content Discovery and Archive Retrieval
- Celebrate the festive season with the return of Ferrari World Abu Dhabi's Winterfest and Warner Bros. World™ Abu Dhabi's Winter Spectacular
- Foreign tourists love to watch World Cup in Vietnam
- CGTN: China, Mongolia inject impetus into ties through three engines