Vietnam wins three gold medals at 6th world vovinam championship
A competition of martial artists at the tournament’s final round. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The Vietnamese team won three gold and one bronze medals at the 6th Vietnamese traditional martial arts (Vovinam) World Championship, which ended on July 23 in Paris, France.
The event drew 500 martial artists from 15 countries in Europe, America, Africa and Vietnam.
France triumphed at the 6th Vovinam World Championship, bringing home 16 golds, 10 silvers and 15 bronzes. It was followed by Senegal and Belgium.
Grandmaster Tran Nguyen Dao, president of the Advisory Council of the Vovinam-VietVoDao World Federation in France, said that he was surprised by a large number of participants at the tournament.
After two years of being affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, the skills of martial artists in European countries had somewhat decreased, but on the contrary, there was an improvement in those from the African teams, resulting in the number of medals that they got, he said.
Vovinam involves the use of different body parts such as hands, elbows, legs and knees. Trainers also learn to use weapons, including swords, knives and fans. They also practise attacking and defensive skills.
Vovinam began to spread in 1970 and has developed in many countries with hundreds of schools in Poland, Belgium, Russia, France, and ASEAN members.
- Finding 100 Excellent Vietnamese Farmer of 2022
- Pop Culture Group Plans and Executes the 2022 Digital Economy Industry Investment Promotion Conference in Xiamen
- ZG Tech Released ESG Intelligence Platform for Private Equity Managers
- DetectedX to Provide Free Access to Radiology Online Learning Platform to Radiology Across Borders to Enhance Global Charity's Teaching Initiatives
- 6 plug-in hybrid automobiles beneath VND 900 million are each luxurious and fuel-efficient
Illumina unveils NovaSeq X Series to accelerate genomic discoveries and improve human health
Standard Chartered named Best ESG Bank in Vietnam in 2022
AEON Vietnam celebrates its 10th anniversary
Hackers Steal Crypto From Bitcoin ATM By Exploiting The Zero-Day Bug
Vietstar and Tricor Axcelasia Group signed MoU