Vietnam racks up two gold medals at World Para Athletics Grand Prix
Vietnam’s Cao Ngoc Hung wins a silver medal in the men’s javelin F57 category at the World Para Athletics Grand Prix 2022 in Tunisia. (Photo: Webthethao)
NDO – Vietnamese para-athletes bagged two golds, four silvers and three bronze medals after three days of competition at the 2022 World Para Athletics Grand Prix in Tunisia, from June 27 to 29.
Nguyen Ngoc Hiep claimed the first gold for Vietnam on June 28 as he was the fastest in the men’s 400m T11 event with a time of 55.93 seconds. A day earlier, he swept a bronze in the 100m category with a time of 12.26 seconds.
The other gold medal was won on the last day by Tran Van Nguyen who produced a 31.18-metre throw in the men’s javelin F40 category.
Vietnam’s silver medals went to Tran Van Nguyen (men’s shot put F40), Pham Nguyen Khanh Minh (men’s 400m T12, 100m T12) and Cao Ngoc Hung (men’s javelin F57).
The bronze medallists included Nguyen Thi Hai (women’s discus F57, shot put F56/F57) and Nguyen Ngoc Hiep (men’s 100m T11).
Vietnam was represented by six para-athletes across 14 events for both men and women at the Tunisia Grand Prix, which is part of the cycle towards the Paris 2024 Paralympic Games.
- The 10th anniversary VietinBank - MUFG strategic alliance
- Foreign-invested enterprises face up to procedural barriers
- Khoai Chau High School recording high achievements
- Honda Prize 2022 Awardee: Dr. Hidetoshi Katori, Professor, Graduate School of Engineering, University of Tokyo
- Honda PCX petrol economic system model formally returned to Vietnam, surprising worth