Việt Nam women’s team retain 35th place in FIFA rankings
Vietnam moves up one spot on FIFA Women’s World Rankings
The women’s national football team of Vietnam climbed one place on the FIFA Women’s World Rankings during the first quarter of 2021, according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
Illustrative Photo (Source: SGGP)The team moved up to 33rd spot with 1,657 points, even though they have not played since an Olympic playoff in March last year. Vietnam also remained at the top place in Southeast Asia. To prepare for the 31st Southeast Asian Games (SEA Games) in Vietnam later this year, the squad held a practice session in January and another is slated for the end of this month. This may, however, be hindered by the continuing complexity of COVID-19. The top five Asian teams on the rankings are Australia, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Japan, China, and the Republic of Korea. The US women’s national football team were still ranked No 1 in the world, followed by Germany, the Netherlands, France, Sweden, and the UK.
- Covid-19, Influenza, H.I.V, hepatitis C can be treated with a simple pill, and the U.S. is betting on It
- Yarmolenko inspires Ukraine to 2-1 win over North Macedonia
- Ho Chi Minh City told to apply smallest-possible-scale restrictions
- WHO pledges to work for early COVID-19 vaccine delivery to Vietnam
- Vietnam reports highest-ever 24-hour surge in Covid-19 cases
Hotels see dark days as pandemic rages on
Vietnam experiences strong growth in the export of fruits to China
How Japanese investors can own leading brands in Vietnam through M&A
Seminar discusses Vietnam-Venezuela B2B trade
Vietnam applied a temporary anti-dumping tax of 33.88% sugar products imported from Thailand.