Vietnamese chess ace to compete in Steinitz Memorial contest
Vietnam to host competition for int’l chess Grandmasters for first time
The 2021 Grand Ho Tram Chess Tournament is set to take place from March 10-17 at The Grand Ho Tram complex in the southern province of Ba Ria-Vung Tau.
Top Vietnamese chess player Le Quang Liem (L) (Photo: SGGP)It is the first competition for international Grandmasters hosted by Vietnam, organised by the Vietnam Sports Administration under the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism and The Grand Ho Tram. The event is expected to draw 22 Vietnamese Grandmasters, eight of them female, who have an Elo rating of between 2200 and 2400 awarded by the international chess governing body FIDE. Each male contestant will play seven matches while their female counterparts will compete in a round robin format. The winner of men’s contest will walk home with a prize of VND200 million (US$8,640) while the female champion receives a prize worth VND100 million.
- India daily weather forecast latest February 27 Isolated rain thunderstorms expected over some places
- Experience in touring Chi Quang Ngai stream for a relaxing weekend, cool spring bath
- Five traditional festivals in Quang Ngai are famous for attracting tourists from near and far
- Thien An Temple in Quang Ngai – the ideal destination for tranquility, beautiful scenery
- HCMC resumes non essential services while still says no to karaoke bars gyms