Man City extend lead as Jesus goal sinks Sheffield United
Soccer Football - Premier League - Manchester City v Sheffield United - Etihad Stadium, Manchester, Britain - January 30, 2021 Manchester City's Gabriel Jesus scores their first goal. (Reuters)
A ninth-minute goal from Brazilian Gabriel Jesus gave Manchester City a 1-0 win over bottom club Sheffield United on Saturday as Pep Guardiola's side extended their lead at the top of the table to four points.
* A moment of magic from Jack Grealish teed up Ross Barkley to score the only goal of the game as Aston Villa won 1-0 away to Southampton in the Premier League on Saturday to lift them up to eighth in the table.
* Manchester United were held to a 0-0 draw at Arsenal in the Premier League on Saturday as they fell three points behind leaders Manchester City.
* Ivan Cavaleiro came off the substitutes bench to grab a late equaliser as Fulham held fellow Premier League strugglers West Bromwich Albion to a 2-2 draw at the Hawthorns on Saturday.
* Newcastle United celebrated their first Premier League win in 10 games and lifted some pressure off their manager Steve Bruce after two goals from Callum Wilson gave them a deserved 2-0 win at Everton on Saturday (Jan 30).
* Romelu Lukaku scored a second-half double as Inter Milan kept the pressure on Serie A leaders AC Milan with a 4-0 win over Benevento on Saturday (Jan 30).
* Federico Chiesa's first-half goal and a stoppage-time Aaron Ramsey finish earned Juventus a 2-0 victory at Sampdoria in Serie A on Saturday, with the win sending Andrea Pirlo's side third in the standings.
* Sevilla earned a 2-0 win away to Eibar on Saturday to go third in La Liga after first missing out on a penalty due to a VAR call and then earning one thanks to a video review.
* Bayern Munich on Saturday (Jan 30) confirmed media reports they are in talks with RB Leipzig centre-back Dayot Upamecano as a possible replacement for David Alaba and Jerome Boateng, whose contracts expire at the end of the season.
* Christopher Nkunku fired in a second-half winner as RB Leipzig beat rivals Bayer Leverkusen 1-0 to tighten their hold on second place and open up a five-point lead over third-placed Eintracht Frankfurt.
* Borussia Dortmund snapped a three-match winless streak by easing to a 3-1 win over Augsburg in the Bundesliga on Saturday (Jan 30).
* Bayern Munich crushed visitors Hoffenheim 4-1 on Saturday with four different scorers, to go provisionally 10 points clear at the top of the Bundesliga in their quest for a ninth consecutive league crown.
* Levante striker Roger Marti brushed off squandering a penalty to score the winning goal as his side pulled off a shock 2-1 La Liga victory at Real Madrid on Saturday after playing the majority of the game with an extra man.
* A goal eight minutes into stoppage time won Palmeiras the Copa Libertadores on Saturday as a Breno Lopes header earned the Sao Paulo club a 1-0 win over Santos.
- Vietnam’s internet speed is back to normal as undersea cable fixed
- Vietnamese PM Commits Optimal Conditions For Newly Appointed Russian Ambassador
- Vietnam Coordinates ASEAN Meetings with Partners at 54th Foreign Ministers Meeting
- Coronavirus updates: Vietnam records 4,267 local cases Wednesday morning
- Daily Horoscope August 5 Prediction for Zodiac Signs with Love Money Career and Health