PM decides to provide financial support for COVIVAC vaccine trials
Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – The Prime Minister has decided to use over VND 8.8 billion from the national COVID-19 vaccine fund to support the first and second phase of clinical trials of COVIVAC vaccine, which has been developed by the Health Ministry’s Institute of Vaccines and Medical Biologicals (IVAC) since May 2020.
COVIVAC uses viral vector technology on primary chicken embryo cell culture - a technique IVAC used previously to successfully produce seasonal flu vaccines. It is preserved at temperatures from 2-8 degrees Celsius.
In the first phase, it was evaluated as safe, well-tolerant and immunogenic.
The second phase will be carried out in Vu Thu district, northern Thai Binh province, with 375 volunteers.
COVIVAC is the second “made-in-Vietnam” vaccine to be allowed for clinical trials by the Health Ministry, following Nanogen company’s NanoCovax.
- Detailed Bu Dang Binh Phuoc travel experience from A to Z
- Vietcetera’s Expat Employees Recommend Their Favorite Vietnamese Foods & Drinks
- France sees "crisis" over submarine cancellation - Le Drian
- ‘Pocket’ right at the romantic autumn viewing spots in Hanoi like movies
- Seo My Ty Sapa Lake – a European oasis in the Northwest sky
Vietnam has substantial potential for offshore wind power: report
EVFTA brings trade opportunities to French companies
FDI commitment in Vietnam on the rise despite virus
Finance Minister affirms State budget sufficiency
Big Wins Amidst The Pandemic: These Vietnamese Startups Recently Secured Million-Dollar Fundings